Stevensons of Beeley Street - Family tree thread can you help?

I have been doing quite well with my family tree over recent years but there is one thread which I just cannot find the answer to. Edward Stevenson who lived at 72, Rangeley Road, Sheffield around 1912 and then at 11, Beeley Street. Is there anyone out there who might have the answer or at least be able to point me in a possible direction. He was a mechanical engineer and possibly worked around or near Sheffield city centre. I have a list of Edwards Stevensons and also Stephensons (just in case) but need someone to provide me with that little extra detail which someone belonging to the same family tree might know. I have my fingers crossed as I've come to a complete dead end.

Grannypat

---------- Post added 30-06-2015 at 18:37 ----------

Hi, No replies yet. Is your name Stevenson, is your family from Sheffield area. Have you looked into your family tree yet? No, then perhaps you are someone I need to talk to. You could be my missing link. Why not contact me so I can check. Please, please, please. :-)

Grannypat

Is there anyone whose family lived near the bottom of Cemetery Road back in the 1920s and 1930s? I have a particularly difficult knot in a branch of my family tree and am hoping that someone with connections from that area back then might hold the key. (Can you undo a knot with a key???) Anyway, I have family who lived on Beeley Street and also a Cemetery Road address and would love to see if anyone might have an insight into the area from that time.

Grannypat

Beeley Street off the bottom of Cemetery Road. The houses which used to stand on the right hand side if you were facing toward London Road, does anyone know if they were back to back houses? I've seen a photograph which shows that they had three stories but if they were back to back then they wouldn't have been as big as they look, would they? My family lived there for almost 20 years in the early part of the last century and I'm trying to get an sense of what life might have been like for them. The houses look like ordinary terraced houses but I have no idea how many bedrooms there might have been. Any info would be appreciated.

Grannypat

I have been searching for a Stevenson who lived in Sheffield from 1912 to 1932 and possibly even longer, perhaps his whole life. Do you have a grandfather, great grandfather or uncle who was a Stevenson and also had the name

Edward as one of his christian names? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Someone out there must know who he was. He is the piece of my jigsaw for which I have been searching for so many years.

Grannypat

Does anyone have any connection to Beeley Street (off the bottom of Cemetery Road) back between 1913 and 1931? Do you have an ancestor who lived on this street? I have a very complicated knot in one of the branches of my family tree which I would love to try to unpick. Any help would be gratefully received.

The family I'm trying to find something out about was named Stevenson and there were four children who all attended St. Matthias during these years.

I was just browsing online and looking up where a road was as I just couldn't place it, when I found a streetmap. As I was searching for the street I noticed Mount Pleasant Park. How long has that been there? I never noticed it during the 48 years I lived in that area. Don't tell me it was there all the time and I missed it. :confused:

Grannypat

Mount Pleasant Park would have been there since the houses there were demolished early 1980s? Over the years from then the new school was built etc. I lived in that area and went to Cecil Road school myself.

Edited by only_me

Oh right, only_me, that's alright then. That is after my time. I thought it would be strange for me not to know about it if it had been there at the same time that I was. You've set my mind at rest that I am not losing the plot after all. Thank you.

Mount Pleasant Park would have been there since the houses there were demolished early 1980s? Over the years from then the new school was built etc. I lived in that area and went to Cecil Road school myself.

I notice you were looking for the name Stevenson? There was a Stevenson family actually lived on Cecil Road.

Ho that's a coincidence isn't it. However, I'm looking for Stevensons with a connection to Beeley Street back between 1913 and 1931. A Stevenson being there say in the 1970 I wouldn't be able to link to without finding out information about the previous family. Thanks for thinking of it though.

Grannypat

No problem grannypat.

I am trying to sort out a knot in my family tree. Is there anyone out there who had an Edward Foster Stephenson in their family? He lived with his wife Annie and his son Edward Arnold Stephenson in Tullibardine Road, Ecclesall. He was born in 1864 and died in 1931. He worked as a silversmith and/or silver journeyman.

I have tried all the regular sites which I usually use but am finding out that it is much harder to find things out for the 19 century because of the 100 year privacy laws. So, I thought that I would give Sheffield Forum a whirl. I find the people on here are so helpful whatever or whoever you're looking for.

Grannypat