M1 flyover (Meadowhall) traffic at a standstill

It was a potential jumper on the bridge just after Meadowhall if you're heading north. No idea if they jumped or were talked down but all clear now.

It was a potential jumper on the bridge just after Meadowhall if you're heading north. No idea if they jumped or were talked down but all clear now.

The bridge is bang opposite my house. Pleased to say the the young guy was coaxed to safety by the police and was treated by ambulance staff for a few minor self inflicted wounds. I was stood talking to the guy whilst waiting for the police to arrive, my heart has never pounded so much!!!

Good on you AMR67. Oddly enough, 6 years ago over the weekend someone I knew wasn't fortunate enough to have someone like you stood next to him, and the ending was far more tragic. You made a huge difference to lots of peoples lives by caring enough to help him.