Just had a book published - how to promote??

Just a thought. The Festival of Writing at York is coming up soon: it's a bit pricey to attend but you will get to meet up with editors and agents there, and there are all sorts of useful talks and workshops to attend. I've been a few times, and have seen so many writers benefit from it. Anyone interested in getting an agent might also find it useful.

http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/Booking-Festival.html

ETA: I'm not involved with the organisation of the festival: I have spoken there a few times, and am friends with a few of the people who always go. The one-to-one sessions can be very helpful but are only ten minutes each, and that time is strictly enforced. But there are plenty of other opportunties to meet and talk with publishing professionals.

I too have just published my new book through CreateSpace. its called Charters and Caldicott - As War Begins. here's a link to it on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/pgtmmbc

The book is basically a biography of two fictional characters that appeared in several British films. From their first appearance in Hitchcock’s The Lady Vanishes, Charters and Caldicott hit a resonance with cinema goers with their charming notes of sarcasm and dry humour. This initial popularity resulted in the two characters being reunited in several films throughout the 1940’s and early 1950’s. Full of British idiosyncrasies from a bygone era, the two cricket lovers are sticklers for upholding proper standards of dress, decorum and behaviour; no matter where they are or what predicament they find themselves in. Leading characters in The Lady Vanishes film, they went on to re-appear in other classic films including Night Train To Munich, Millions Like Us and Passport to Pimlico.

Charters and Caldicott - As War Begins covers the period in Charters’ and Caldicott’s screen life between 1938 and 1943 covering their first four film appearances - The Lady Vanishes, Night Train To Munich, Crook’s Tour and Millions Like Us - all classic films.