Terrorist attacks in Tunisia & Kuwait. "At least" 27 and 10 dead.

My point exactly,it makes you wonder how many actual practising Christians and muslims there actually are in Britain.The problem is when you fill in your census form it asks your religion and you will put it down even if you don't follow it.It probably provides a false indication of how religious Britain actually is.I bet a lot more go to football matches than go to the mosque or church every week.

One of the options is no religion, but a survey did conclude that many people claimed to belong to a religion despite not being religious.

Some people obviously think that religion is like ethnicity, and think because their parents are Christian or Muslim they also must be Christian or Muslim.

The number of Christians and Muslims will be lower than the official figure.

I'm not suggesting letting them get on with it, they need hitting hard but nuking the area is not the answer.

You were less than keen about the nuclear option (although I suspect l00b was making mischief) but does it matter really if civilians are nuked, shot or gassed? Still dead if we use any sort of military action. It's unavoidable.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 21:49 ----------

Wish I knew the answer. We could successfully deal with extremism here but it wouldn't stop thousands of French Muslims leaving for IS.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 21:26 ----------

There would never be a point where I'd think we should nuke somebody.

I don't think it would be us that would do it anyway. It could be Israel. ISIS are already close to the Golan Heights which is Israeli territory and it's not widely reported but Hamas and ISIS are fighting each other in Palestine.

The whole thing is very,very close to the borders of Israel now.

Is it the nuclear thing itself or the numbers? By the time we "fix" Isis we'd have probably had to killed thousands, even with being careful. Nuclear bombs reset Japan into a pacifist constitution. Would another 6 months of carpet bombing and a messy ground war have achieved the same thing?

Destroyed the tourist industry there... Can anyone say that they would book a holiday to such a country in the foreseeable future. I won't be.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 22:30 ----------

It would help if IS defeated Syria and then turned south... Israel or Iran would destroy them in a few weeks...

You were less than keen about the nuclear option (although I suspect l00b was making mischief) but does it matter really if civilians are nuked, shot or gassed? Still dead if we use any sort of military action. It's unavoidable.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 21:49 ----------

Is it the nuclear thing itself or the numbers? By the time we "fix" Isis we'd have probably had to killed thousands, even with being careful. Nuclear bombs reset Japan into a pacifist constitution. Would another 6 months of carpet bombing and a messy ground war have achieved the same thing?

Nuclear material spreads afaik, would you like it if someone launched a nuclear attack in Britain to target some people and put us all at risk?

I understand Loob may be ****** off because his country is suffering attacks but nuclear is not the answer because we would not like it if someone nuked us would we?

Edited by mafya

Made me think. Come on here pick a squabble ,go to bed getup next morning .

Go on holiday ,relax , unwind and get shot dead: Life really is too short for petty squabbles really.I'm done with them, peace to all.

You have things wildly out of context. To end the war against Japan risked the lives of 1 million allied troops fighting against tens of millions of fanatical Japanese.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this - you don't nuke millions of people because a gunman runs amok.

Mental. Absolutely mental.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 23:06 ----------

It would help if IS defeated Syria and then turned south... Israel or Iran would destroy them in a few weeks...

Got a feeling we will see the most unholy of alliances take this task on sooner than we think

Surely the Governments and Intelligence agencies know who the preachers are who are radicalising these Muslims, why not go after them. The special forces from UK, USA, France and Israel etc have the personnel with the skills to carry out attacks on the preachers who are behind these terrible atrocities.

There would never be a point where I'd think we should nuke somebody.

Not even when the 50th one goes off and takes the final city in the country. Thank god we don't have politicians who have their heads as far up their backsides as you do.

Destroyed the tourist industry there... Can anyone say that they would book a holiday to such a country in the foreseeable future. I won't be.

Safer then UK...Churchill days are well gone for some :)

Not even when the 50th one goes off and takes the final city in the country. Thank god we don't have politicians who have their heads as far up their backsides as you do.

No, not even then because what would be the point. Drifting off topic now though.......

The original suggestion by another poster was tactical nuke strikes on IS that are not a like for like response

The only long term solution is education and world wide dilution and ultimately extinction of all religion.

Well I won't be supporting that suggestion.

And no atheist, no matter how educated they think they are, will ever succeed in getting me to reject my religious beliefs.

How does it sound coordinated? There are ISIS attacks every single day.

As for Tunisia, I don't understand the mentality of someone who would holiday in a Muslim country in the current climate.

Started seeing adverts for Tunisia on TV a few weeks and thought to myself surely no person in their right mind would go there or anywhere else in the middle east or come to think of it any country that does not have English as its first language. You really ought to have noticed by now that White Brits are not well liked in some parts of the world. You might as well buy a T-shirt with a target on it.

I guess some Brits are not a smart as one would hope, children whose parents take them to these places ought to be taken into care, preferably as they are leaving the country but certainly on return and the parents charged with something appropriate that will allow the awarding of the custodial sentences these people deserve.

Besides going on all the fuss about them It is my understanding that going to these scum-holes where the jehadi types hang out was illegal anyway and those people that return from these places are meant to be treat as potential terrorists. If this is not the case then it certainly should be.

I do feel sorry for those people whose relatives have been killed or injured but I have absolutely no sympathy for any adult idiotic enough to have presented themselves as easy targets for the nut jobs that like killing Brits by visiting the middle east.

---------- Post added 28-06-2015 at 01:20 ----------

Well I won't be supporting that suggestion.

And no atheist, no matter how educated they think they are, will ever succeed in getting me to reject my religious beliefs.

Sad to say it is precisely because of people with that attitude that people will continue to die in the name of other peoples' gods or imaginary friends.

...............................................................................................................................................................

Why are people contemplating and or discussing the potential use of nuclear weapons by the west to put down isis.

Yes using gamma ray nukes with their very short periods of nuclear contamination do seem inviting but its not necessary there several other low toxicity low residual effect devices that could be used with great effect some of which their use would hardly even register on a seismograph or to satallite surveillance. The vast majority of isis camps could be gone in a matter of days with few if any survivors.

I'm just assuming that we have not wiped out isis already because someone in the west does not want that doing ...or perhaps not doing yet.

Like it or not isis are slowly reducing the middle east's population a thing which they have refused to do themselves through responsible family planning and most of those people being killed or will potential be killed are muslims and Jews neither of which appear to be or have been particularly popular throughout history for whatever reasons. They also appear to like killing french folk too. And the french are not doing us any favours at the moment.

It all makes you think ..or it should do.

Edited by Tommo68