SYPTE consultation on bus route changes

Don't forget to fill in the consultation survey if you haven't already, consultation closes this Friday, 31st July!

Don't simply moan on here - tell the people that can change it!

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp

Don't forget to fill in the consultation survey if you haven't already, consultation closes this Friday, 31st July!

Don't simply moan on here - tell the people that can change it but won't

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp

fixed that for you ;)

filled it in, but suspect I may as well have addressed my comments to a brick wall...

fixed that for you ;)

filled it in, but suspect I may as well have addressed my comments to a brick wall...

If they get the feedback and ignore it then we are right to complain. If they put the consultation out there and no-one says anything then those people who didn't respond cannot complain when it happens....

Same as electing MPs, councillors etc I suppose....

I'm just pre-empting that on the basis it's a near certainty they'll ignore it ;)

I'm just pre-empting that on the basis it's a near certainty they'll ignore it ;)

How very cynical of you! Almost as if you're saying that this 'consultation' is nothing more than telling us what is going to happen and saying that this is our chance to have a moan about it so they don't have to answer loads of complaint letters afterwards!

Obviously I have never seen anything like that happen before.... :rolleyes:

If they get the feedback and ignore it then we are right to complain. If they put the consultation out there and no-one says anything then those people who didn't respond cannot complain when it happens....

Same as electing MPs, councillors etc I suppose....

problem is the consultation has been advertised on small scale i told people who didnt have clue because they dont have computer to me some underhanded tactics have gone on to push it through .

problem is the consultation has been advertised on small scale i told people who didnt have clue because they dont have computer to me some underhanded tactics have gone on to push it through .

Posters on buses, posters in bus stations, featured in Travel South Yorkshire e-newsletter, all MPs and councillors informed, many community groups in the know, local drop in sessions....

Anyone that uses buses will have seen a poster. If people cannot be bothered to take any interest then that's their fault.

On the other hand if a large number of people make the effort to feedback genuine problems with what is proposed and they go ahead with the original proposals regardless then there is legitimate case for complaint.

Anyone that uses buses will have seen a poster. If people cannot be bothered to take any interest then that's their fault.

I rarely travel on buses, but when I did last week I only noticed the poster because I was looking for it. Stuck behind the driver with fairly small print not visible to anyone getting on the bus. Anyone getting off would be more likely to be concentrating on getting ready for their stop. There were no leaflets about the changes anywhere to be seen.

Got on a 35 bus last night to finally see a bus that was stocked with the paper foldout consultation handouts. Sadly they'd stocked a North Sheffield bus route with South Sheffield maps...

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 07:21 ----------

Posters on buses, posters in bus stations, featured in Travel South Yorkshire e-newsletter, all MPs and councillors informed, many community groups in the know, local drop in sessions....

The posters don't tell you anything. It claims that they're making improvements yet doesn't mention how they're changing every route and bus number. It also gives a web address which 90% of people will not remember, certainly not my elderly parents who don't use the internet or own a smartphone.

All the rest you mention is bunk. You have to be actively engaged with those things to have had a chance to hear about it. If SYPTE seriously wanted to inform the passengers then they should have minimised the number of hoops their passengers had to jump through to get the information. Put the maps on every bus right from the start of the consultation.

It isn't people's fault that SYPTE have tried to do this on the cheap.

More petitions and protests against the planned changes..... http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bus-cut-protest-today-as-sheffield-wide-review-consultation-ends-1-7382612

Consultation closes tomorrow - if you haven't looked at the proposals and had your say by filling in the survey do so now! http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp

Incidentally on a different theme, Supertram are offering £1 travel every Sunday in August starting this Sunday.

Over the last couple of years I've taken part in the online consultations and attended the drop in sessions whenever there has been a threat to our local bus service ( 35/36/37/ Hillsborough to Meadowhall ).The notices for this latest farce appeared on our buses days after the drop in session took place....and even that came close to not happening because no one could get into the venue... (there was a proposal to hold it outdoors for a while until access to the center was gained) . The staff ?? were clueless about the proposed changes to our service and the standard quote of the day seemed to be '' go online and fill in the questionaire '' !! I know one local TARA rep went away from this drop in session and questioned the ward councilor about the proposals and was told he hadn't heard about them.

I've got some concerns about the proposed changes to the 35 service ...but my main worry is the fact that they are planning to reduce it to one bus every hour. This is the service that serves both Hillsborough Interchange ....with access to connecting buses and trams into the city centre and the Universities.......and Meadowhall Interchange with access to connecting buses, trams and trains for those who work out of Sheffield itself . This one hour timetable is going to cause havoc with many passengers unable to make those connections in time.

I sincerely hope they will reconsider this ridiculous hourly timetable proposal.

I have also done the consultation. Just as new houses are being planned in Stannington, making Malin Bridge traffic worse, someone decides to cancel the SL2. Not a great idea.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android