SYPTE consultation on bus route changes

I understand they'd received over 830 responses to the questionnaires by last night.

AT LAST! Now more people might realise that this may affect them, so make your opinion known if so.

I hope so.

Incidentally the comment about some buses still running at peak time on the 70 from Dore - nothing about that in the consultation documents!

I hope so.

Incidentally the comment about some buses still running at peak time on the 70 from Dore - nothing about that in the consultation documents!

Apparently statistics show 70% travel into town on the 70 and only 30% to the hospitals/university area.

The 70% will get 3 buses an hour instead of 2, the 30% none.

A more frequent service is welcomed. The present frequency is unreliable and deters greater use. However many of the users to the Hallamshire don't travel at peak times, so if that is to be suggested it's no help to them.

Apparently statistics show 70% travel into town on the 70 and only 30% to the hospitals/university area.

The 70% will get 3 buses an hour instead of 2, the 30% none.

A more frequent service is welcomed. The present frequency is unreliable and deters greater use. However many of the users to the Hallamshire don't travel at peak times, so if that is to be suggested it's no help to them.

Of those 70% I wonder how many consider the University to be in town....

I think they should be hearing these views loud and clear. And why not reroute the 81 via Hallamshire Hospital? Plenty of other buses on Ecclesall Road!

I also imagine something must give with the Loxley situation, even if it is a Supertramlink bus being introduced rather than a reinstatement of the 84. Actually I don't understand how the 84 doesn't attract more passengers given how many people live on the section of route between Hillsborough and Loxley.

It seems the good folk of Derbyshire Lane have yet to awake - I remember a few years ago First wanted to change the route to go via Abbeydale Road instead of Chesterfield Road and there was a massive protest - this time they are losing their link to town altogether, instead getting an hourly minibus to Meadowhall via Gleadless Townend!

I also imagine something must give with the Loxley situation, even if it is a Supertramlink bus being introduced rather than a reinstatement of the 84. Actually I don't understand how the 84 doesn't attract more passengers given how many people live on the section of route between Hillsborough and Loxley.

You're so right there, Andy, something has GOT to give! The plan to withdraw the 84 is untenable. I think it attracts quite a few passengers already, so even if it is changed to half-hourly, that would be better than no service at all, particularly for the Loxley area. It just can't be happening!

You're so right there, Andy, something has GOT to give! The plan to withdraw the 84 is untenable. I think it attracts quite a few passengers already, so even if it is changed to half-hourly, that would be better than no service at all, particularly for the Loxley area. It just can't be happening!

Well, they seem to think a half hourly minibus from Loxley on route 31/31A is enough to handle what demand there is at Loxley, Wisewood gets the new 52 extension running at a 10 minute frequency, I assume this must be based on ticket sales figures or something reasonably credible?

Well, they seem to think a half hourly minibus from Loxley on route 31/31A is enough to handle what demand there is at Loxley, Wisewood gets the new 52 extension running at a 10 minute frequency, I assume this must be based on ticket sales figures or something reasonably credible?

Loxley road below the Admiral Rodney will seemingly only have ONE 31 per hour, if, as planned the 31A is planned to go over Rodney Hill. So that area will go from 5 buses per hour to 1 bus per hour. I know one person who may have to give up her part-time job because it won't be worth her time and effort to go there. It just seems ludicrous doesn't it?

Loxley road below the Admiral Rodney will seemingly only have ONE 31 per hour, if, as planned the 31A is planned to go over Rodney Hill. So that area will go from 5 buses per hour to 1 bus per hour. I know one person who may have to give up her part-time job because it won't be worth her time and effort to go there. It just seems ludicrous doesn't it?

Don't forget the actual timetable is yet to be published but still, I cannot see if it is a genuine consultation the service will end up as proposed in Loxley/Wisewood.

Another thought of mine - if First journeys on the 52 can be extended as a 53 from Hillsborough to Wisewood, surely Stagecoach journeys on the 52 could be extended to Loxley as a 54?

Wisewood and Loxley would both get a full size bus every 10 minutes with a choice of staying on to town via Crookes or changing at Hillsborough onto the tram for a more direct run into town.

Don't forget the actual timetable is yet to be published but still, I cannot see if it is a genuine consultation the service will end up as proposed in Loxley/Wisewood.

Another thought of mine - if First journeys on the 52 can be extended as a 53 from Hillsborough to Wisewood, surely Stagecoach journeys on the 52 could be extended to Loxley as a 54?

Wisewood and Loxley would both get a full size bus every 10 minutes with a choice of staying on to town via Crookes or changing at Hillsborough onto the tram for a more direct run into town.

That sounds like a plan! Can you go and work for them? You talk more sense than they do! Here's hoping they see sense.

That sounds like a plan! Can you go and work for them? You talk more sense than they do! Here's hoping they see sense.

Perhaps someone who lives in the area may wish to feed the suggestion in via the consultation survey form......

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp