Car parking around children's hospital

We and many more people have to use wheelchairs we would love to walk there

Do you have a disabled parking badge?

Not "having a go", just wondering.

Hi yes we do hold the blue badge but even with that it's still hopeless trying to park round there

Just get a taxi

The cost of getting a taxi on a daily basis is not an option when your child is hospitalised for any length of time, especially if you do not live in Sheffield

Looking out of the window at that greenspace was the only thing that kept me sane last time one of my kids was in the Children's. They are building new car parking, and there is loads not too far away around the city centre. How do you think people got there before so many people had cars? Use your legs.[/quote

We and many more people have to use wheelchairs we would love to walk there

Park and ride scheme is available. I don't think we need to "pave paradise and put up a parking lot", especially as most public transport has been adapted for the few disabled passengers that use it. I am sorry if I offended you, I had no intention to do that. We do need to keep car use at a minimum in this area of the city as it is so congested already. If the lovely Weston Park is turned into a carpark, it will just mean more cars and more congestion, and more calls for car parking. I have spent more than one night in the Children's, and we have used public transport to get home, it can be done.

Hi yes we do hold the blue badge but even with that it's still hopeless trying to park round there

Really? Have you driven around a little bit? We have a blue badge and always get parked close by.

Every hospital I've been too has always been the same, never enough parking

It will definitely be better when the university car park is finished

It will definitely be better when the university car park is finished

I think that that car park will soon fill up as well, and parking will still be a nightmare.