300 more Paedophiles at large in Rotherham

I can't think of a punishment sufficiently deserving of their crimes.

I just hope their many victims can find the strength to lead happy and fulfilled lives.

I know that some in the police, council and social service turned a blind eye to what happened to the children - they should never be allowed to work with children again - their neglect allowed dreadful suffering to continue.

Further information here: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/24/child-sex-abuse-rotherham-guilty-gang-hussain

I remember applying for a youth worker position in Rotherham about 8 years ago aimed at trying to protect young girls being groomed, it was well known what was happening even then but authorities were not interested in listening.

Six more people found guilty of abuse in Rotherham, but many more being investigated by the glacially slow South Yorkshire Police, who are also being investigated themselves (again). Many of the abusers may well have fled abroad by the time the police get around to them. Surely this process could be accelerated?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/25/how-a-rotherham-gang-with-history-of-criminality-abused-vulnerable-girls

T

Nice to be able to say Well done, SYP - for a change. Now for the RMBC councillors, council officers, social workers and care home staff and police who were derelict in their duty, when do they face their day in court?

A good point. As far as I am aware, not one of them is facing prosecution for criminal negligence, or even complicity by neglect, in this truly shameful episode. If i remember rightly, at least one of them took early retirement on a fat pension.

And without the Jay Report, which exposed years and years of willful blindness (or even worse, cynical cover ups) on the part of the authorities, many of these people would still be in office.

A good point. As far as I am aware, not one of them is facing prosecution for criminal negligence, or even complicity by neglect, in this truly shameful episode. If i remember rightly, at least one of them took early retirement on a fat pension.

And without the Jay Report, which exposed years and years of willful blindness (or even worse, cynical cover ups) on the part of the authorities, many of these people would still be in office.

And they won't face prosecution. Just another case of cover up at SYP. Orgreave, Hillsborough, the Cliff Richard fiasco,reportedly over a million quid spent on tablets at £1500 a time, when challenged a spokesperson said that include training, well, excuse me if they need over a grand each on training, there's not much chance of crime solving.

Unfortunately SYP are like many public funded bodies, another like the BBC, no accountability, people retiring on fat pensions.

Never mind Spring is coming up in the Med so it'll soon be time for a visit to Kos.

The other set of brothers, cleared of all charges? Wonder how that happened, you'd think with the amount of time it took to bring them all to court, the CPS would have had unchallengeable evidence to bring forward.

Nice to be able to say Well done, SYP - for a change. Now for the RMBC councillors, council officers, social workers and care home staff and police who were derelict in their duty, when do they face their day in court?

And did anything ever happen in the case of PC Ali who was run down and killed? Never heard any more about that, did we?

my bold=

They were found not guilty by a jury........

Six more people found guilty of abuse in Rotherham, but many more being investigated by the glacially slow South Yorkshire Police, who are also being investigated themselves (again). Many of the abusers may well have fled abroad by the time the police get around to them. Surely this process could be accelerated?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/25/how-a-rotherham-gang-with-history-of-criminality-abused-vulnerable-girls

The quicker the better, yes, just for justice to be served. But I think it is much more important that any prosecutions are well organized and managed so that the offenders are brought to justice and not slip through the net. If that takes longer, then so be it. We have had one case through to a conclusion (or will have by tomorrow when they are sentenced). We expect more cases. Hopefully, once they (or most of them) have been completed, it will then be time to start on those on the outside who enabled (either by omission or intent) this to take place. I expect that complicit police and those in the social services cannot be brought to account until the abuse cases themselves have been through the courts, and the evidence out in the public domain.

It wouldn't surprise me if some will flee and some have already fled, but I think that's more to do with whether they have means to flee and think they will be caught if they stay. I don't think that a longer lead up to prosecution would make much if any difference. If they expect to be caught, those who are going to flee will have already fled.

Lets hope these vile individuals get what they deserve but a thorough investigation should be taking place and any police officers/council workers etc who did nothing or covered up evidence should be found, named and given similar sentencing, they are almost as contemptible as the perpetrators.

So having being found not guilty by a jury it means that they were of course completely innocent!

You may well think that and maybe that is how we should all feel but are there now women out there that have given evidence but seen their attackers walk free.

It was shocking to see the reports on the TV last night. The number of people who tried to get the abuse stopped and were ignored or sidelined. The Times reporter who investigated and had Rotherham Council attempt to serve an injunction to prevent the matter being reported.

In the end the Times stuck a photo of the chief perpetrator on their from page and named him. It was only when the world press started to report what was going on that the guilty were brought in for questioning. And still there are attempts to silence folk who try to speak about the scandal.

i carnt waite for these sick scum to get sentenced on friday,gonna be a hard life for the supposed wheelchair bound scum,

i carnt waite for these sick scum to get sentenced on friday,gonna be a hard life for the supposed wheelchair bound scum,

Just curious. I've just read today that he is in a wheelchair following a shooting. Was this in the public domain at the time? What was it about? Was anyone charged/convicted?

Just curious. I've just read today that he is in a wheelchair following a shooting. Was this in the public domain at the time? What was it about? Was anyone charged/convicted?

All I've heard about it was in a BBC radio report a couple of days ago, that he was left paralysed from the waist down after being shot in a "gangland incident" in 2005. Spinal cord damage apparently.