City Road this morning

What a dumb post you just made. Dumb and dense.

Obviously you dont know squat about the road in question.

How about NOT allowing bus stops to jut into the road thus meaning EVERYONE has to follow the bus and stop and start when it does,

How about NOT placing cycle lanes (that go nowhere) thus restricting even more of the road during peak times

You come along and post some stupid comment obviously not knowing what youre on about well i do mate. Ive lived around here most of my life. I know how it was and i know how it is now :)

I completely agree with this, I also think making the lane on Mansfield road a bus lane was a ridiculous idea too! The amount of traffic that builds up there in peak times is crazy, especially when a car breaks down right in the thick of it!

I completely agree with this, I also think making the lane on Mansfield road a bus lane was a ridiculous idea too! The amount of traffic that builds up there in peak times is crazy, especially when a car breaks down right in the thick of it!

In which case just go round the broken down car? During the bus lane times no sane person is going to fine people for doing so.

In which case just go round the broken down car? During the bus lane times no sane person is going to fine people for doing so.

Not every driver thinks that way I'm afraid, and if the few behind the broken down car are bumper to bumper and cannot overtake then we are left 'till its cleared as more than a simple overtake in the bus lane would probably result in a ticket? (I don't really know how it would work to be honest maybe I'm just being a little too cautious) :confused:

Not every driver thinks that way I'm afraid, and if the few behind the broken down car are bumper to bumper and cannot overtake then we are left 'till its cleared as more than a simple overtake in the bus lane would probably result in a ticket? (I don't really know how it would work to be honest maybe I'm just being a little too cautious) :confused:

Nah, the operator will clearly see there is a broken down car and common sense would be applied.

Nah, the operator will clearly see there is a broken down car and common sense would be applied.

I would like to think so :roll:

I would like to think so :roll:

The adjudicator would quash any tickets issued in a matter of seconds.

The adjudicator would quash any tickets issued in a matter of seconds.

I guess if the ticket was issued we would have a case to get it quashed anyway surely? that's proving these cameras actually pan both lanes or are they solely the bus lane? :help:

I guess if the ticket was issued we would have a case to get it quashed anyway surely? that's proving these cameras actually pan both lanes or are they solely the bus lane? :help:

Well it will pan both lanes, someone sits there and watches the tapes either live or later that day.

Don't just blame buses! Go and tell those people in the so called beauty shops opposite KFC who blatantly park in the bus stop pull in lay-bys all day ! They don't give a s!!t for the buses and City Rd is blocked when the bus can't get in

Beat me to it. Yep i was told someone had broken down. If its the case that a simple break down caused all this then we have to say a great big thanks to SCC for screwing up the roads.

Get a bike - you will fly past all those stationary cars and save on the "road tax" at the same time :hihi::hihi:

Get a bike - you will fly past all those stationary cars and save on the "road tax" at the same time :hihi::hihi:

Unless you trip over the tram tracks on City Rd.

Unless you trip over the tram tracks on City Rd.

You could still "fly" past the cars though... :D