Suggest a nice place to eat in Chapeltown

Hi can anyone suggest a nice child free place to eat in Chapeltown?

I think you may have to go a little further afield.

Angel.

I think wetherspoons is the BEST you're gonna manage.

I was also going to suggest Greenhead House. Not quite Chapeltown but close by Whitley Hall used to produce decent food

Staindrop Lodge isn't child free entirely but it's grown up. Food is good

Thanks peeps.

I think wetherspoons is the BEST you're gonna manage.

I'd agree with that in relation to chapeltown in that wetherspoons is probably one of the better places to eat there.

I think its odd how people jump on the band wagon to criticise wetherspoons or to go so far as to put them and even their customers down. A lot of condescending media types and so called comedians do it, probably only because a lot of condescending media types and so called comedians do it.

They probably twbitch about it on twatter or faceache too, another indication of their pretentiousness perhaps.

What wetherspoons sells is ok its its pub food and its quality is better than the price would lead you to believe. For what it costs to eat at wetherspoons once in awhile it does not actually make sense sometimes to go to the hassle of buying preparing cooking food then all the cleaning after. All without breaking the bank too.

You also have to remember with some gratitude that it is inexpensive places like wetherspoons and not just them either, that help to keep down the prices in other places that would otherwise charge even more than they do now.

Truth of the matter is that there are too many food snobs with money to spare passing comments on places where they claim they would never go but seem to know all about them... how does that happen?

Whilst there are really very few places that are nice to eat in that are priced somewhere between wetherspoons (and the like) and places that many people can't afford to use.

Wetherspoons like anywhere else that is successful have their market niche and if you don't want to go to a place don't go but don't put them or the people that use them down because you you want to fit in with some really unpleasant people.

Hi can anyone suggest a nice child free place to eat in Chapeltown?

Crown and cushion

staindrop lodge:)

---------- Post added 28-06-2015 at 21:40 ----------

jimalah is good

Cow & Calf on Skew Hill Lane is nice. Also, Cerrones Italian in Ecclesfield.

I'd agree with that in relation to chapeltown in that wetherspoons is probably one of the better places to eat there.

I think its odd how people jump on the band wagon to criticise wetherspoons or to go so far as to put them and even their customers down. A lot of condescending media types and so called comedians do it, probably only because a lot of condescending media types and so called comedians do it.

They probably twbitch about it on twatter or faceache too, another indication of their pretentiousness perhaps.

What wetherspoons sells is ok its its pub food and its quality is better than the price would lead you to believe. For what it costs to eat at wetherspoons once in awhile it does not actually make sense sometimes to go to the hassle of buying preparing cooking food then all the cleaning after. All without breaking the bank too.

You also have to remember with some gratitude that it is inexpensive places like wetherspoons and not just them either, that help to keep down the prices in other places that would otherwise charge even more than they do now.

Truth of the matter is that there are too many food snobs with money to spare passing comments on places where they claim they would never go but seem to know all about them... how does that happen?

Whilst there are really very few places that are nice to eat in that are priced somewhere between wetherspoons (and the like) and places that many people can't afford to use.

Wetherspoons like anywhere else that is successful have their market niche and if you don't want to go to a place don't go but don't put them or the people that use them down because you you want to fit in with some really unpleasant people.

I'm a real Spoons fan (and a CAMRA member!) I came round quite slowly to them. But this afternoon at the Bankers I've had a lovely fish & chip meal with a (strong!) drink, nicely served, all for £6.25, and able to watch the fantastic Heather Watson push the World No 1 to the limit, at the same time. Also, the staff are totally lovely - they don't deserve the intermittent grief they get from some punters.