Which is your favourite tree in Sheffield?

With the current concerns over excessive tree felling by Amey I thought I'd post this. As the topic says, which is your favourite tree in Sheffield?

Preferably with a link to it on Google Streetview or a photo link.

Mine has to be this one in Ryle Road, Nether Edge, just because of its bonkers location, makes me smile every time I see it.

That's in Ryle Road, not on Ryle road :)

http://goo.gl/maps/mEb4g

Guest sibon

Easy question. The beech tree at the Hunter's Bar entrance to Endcliffe Park is my favourite tree in the whole world.

This one, although the website claims that it is a weeping ash.

The Maidenhair tree at the Botanical Gardens has always fascinated me.

Existing almost unchanged in fossils (not the one in the Botanical gardens, obviously) dating back 270 million years to the formation of the supercontinent Pangaea, covering the Triassic and Permian time periods. The tree's also known (more commonly?) as Ginkgo biloba. To put things in perspective a bit, Oak trees formed around 26 million years ago.

PS ... although I provided a link, I am not Joey Ramone, it being the only link I could easily find :)

With the current concerns over excessive tree felling by Amey I thought I'd post this. As the topic says, which is your favourite tree in Sheffield?

Preferably with a link to it on Google Streetview or a photo link.

Mine has to be this one in Ryle Road, Nether Edge, just because of its bonkers location, makes me smile every time I see it.

That's in Ryle Road, not on Ryle road :)

http://goo.gl/maps/mEb4g

It'll be interesting to see what AMEY do when they come to resurface this road. At least the tree is not affecting any kerb stones.

I'm sorry I don't have a photo, but there are two trees on the bank between Margate Drive and Grimesthorpe Rd, just about opposite the nursing home called Wood Hill Grange. I love seeing them for their perfect shape which never seems to change year on year.

The huge sycamore tree in the gennel between Button Hill and Hurlingham Close that's been there since I were a lad 40 years ago that we used to climb and generally play around.

I went to Dore Primary School and there is a whole row of trees in the playground which at the top had a massive oak which was so much fun playing around.

Used to like Strawberry tree in Botanical gardens by cafe but it has been severely pruned recently

Also Atlas Pine? Fir? Many other good trees in Botanicall Gdns

Sequoia Redwood

Easy question. The beech tree at the Hunter's Bar entrance to Endcliffe Park is my favourite tree in the whole world.

This one, although the website claims that it is a weeping ash.

That used to be the view from my office