Irritating Virus removal help

''Ads by Coupon Titan''

very annoying, I have gone through the traditional steps as I have had to remove these types of virus's from my parents computers once or twice - Un-installed any programs that are related, and deleted the auto installed extensions on my browser.

Yet one a couple of websites (this one and Imgur for example) I get a single pop up, just once, completely blank that just says 'Ad's by Coupon Titan' on it in the top corner, almost like it's there, but also isn't. Would anyone else have further experience with completely removing these? it's not slowing my system down or causing any real problems, just kind of irritating.

had that myself,had to go into chrome settings and get rid of it that way,google remove adds from chrome,gives you step by step how to do it,

A few potentials to try, remove all add ons from Chrome your not sure of, if that dosnt work reset Chrome. It is usually a broweser related issue at this stage, try these and let us know how it goes.

It doesn't sound like a virus. It seems to be adware and you should be able to remove it as outlined above but if you haven't already done it, run a scan with Malwarebytes or similar. Leave this on the computer and ask your parents to scan every other day with it.

These PUPS (potentially unwanted programmes) are not always blocked by anti virus so it is necessary to have a suitable programme such as MWB as an on demand scanner. Also make a note of the browser extensions that they need and ask them to check regularly for anything different that has appeared. They can usually be removed in the browser but if they have been unwittingly installed you will have to take them off via Programmes and Features, especially if it is a toolbar.

If this is happening regularly and they are not very computer savvy, pperhaps consider setting them up with a standard user account in Windows 7 instead of using the administrator account. That way they would not be in danger of mistakenly installing them.