Setting up of website

Havanaclub : With respect most of what you said is silly. 1&1 will provide everything and more with NO computer knowledge. You will be in the best possible position on almost every searching . You will have Forums, contact forms, your own shop .. On and on and on with NO coding knowledge needed for a few pound per month.

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 01:52 ----------

"Constant Google submissions? Why do you need this, you only need to submit once, and provide a sitemap, the google bot will return and reindex when instructed by the sitemap. "

You sound silly when you say things like that!!

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 02:03 ----------

To anyone wanting a successful website and great search engine position .. Simply submit it one time and forget about it. Remember to thank Havanaclub.

"You will be in the best possible position on almost every searching"

Sorry but that is complete rubbish. Do you work for 1&1, spamming the forums and writing the trust-pilot "reviews"? A solid mix of 1 star and 5 star spells one thing imho. Fake reviews, for a poorly rated company.

As for google submission, yes you submit once, and control the google index bot revisits using your sitemap.xml and robots.txt, and monitor issues from webmaster-tools +bing equivalent.

As for SEO, to boost your rankings, read the other thread on the forum. But in general, genuine G+ reviews, facebook likes, tweets and genuine relevant backlinks are the main way to get better results in search engines, and it takes years of work depending on the industry sector, and the niche aspect of the business. In general niche businesses are easier for SEO as less competition.

Opening a 1&1 site and getting page one on google. I've heard some whoppers in my time but seriously... :rolleyes:

To the OP the offer is still there, free forum setup and hosting for your site as a good will gesture. I can also offer a free subdomain if you don't want to pay for a domain name.

Edited by Havanaclub

@Havanaclub, I think you may have fallen foul of a troll who repeatedly returns to these forums under a different username after they've been kicked off. Unfortunately they don't seem to realise the damage they are doing with their ridiculous advice, especially when the OP's genuinely need real help and can become confused with silly snippets of cr*p that provide no positive support whatsoever.

@Asaw, please don't take the advice of Code Word. There are a lot of helpful people on here that can guide and provide exactly what you are looking for but 1&1 is definitely, definitely not it.

@Havanaclub, I think you may have fallen foul of a troll who repeatedly returns to these forums under a different username after they've been kicked off. Unfortunately they don't seem to realise the damage they are doing with their ridiculous advice, especially when the OP's genuinely need real help and can become confused with silly snippets of cr*p that provide no positive support whatsoever.

@Asaw, please don't take the advice of Code Word. There are a lot of helpful people on here that can guide and provide exactly what you are looking for but 1&1 is definitely, definitely not it.

Thanks adam, maybe he'll stop trolling this time :)

1&1 have to be THE WORST ISP I have EVER dealt with. Avoid these people at all costs would be my professional advice.

Hi Asaw

Just wondered if all the replies above answered your questions?

Or would you like an old man (me) to post a few ideas?

;)

Edited by MailBottle

I totally agree companies like 1&1 are useless as I often see sites hosted by them go down. Also as above my tips to get higher on search engines are to be sure that the meta tags are all filled in and I always write them different for each individual page, include links to Facebook & Twitter and finally get people to talk about it on social media.

What I usually do is post on Facebook & Twitter for people to check out the site and offer suggestions what they'd like to see on it. Then the link gets shared round all their friends too. I also check exactly what info will show up when you share the link on Facebook using their debugging tool.

I have 2 websites, both of which are getting more and more visitors.

http://www.pimpedwheelchair.co.uk = been running 4month and gets an average of 300unique visitors a month.

http://www.dans-garage.co.uk = This is my 1st website and has been running about 7years and gets on average 800 unique visitors a month

Well done havanaclub for making that offer to the OP. That is how my website started out when someone offered to host a website for me and I started building it. Once i grew I sorted my own hosting and it's been growing since