Injured crow!! help needed

we have found a crow with a broken wing and the cats are after it. We have it safe in a quiet box..any ideas anyone of any rescues which takes birds. Not got much time to look it up myself as I am at work

Thanks

I'm pretty sure most vets will take on injured wildlife and not charge. Whereabouts are you? There should be a 24 hour vets somewhere nearby.

Near Northern General hospital. ! I have made a few calls but no one can take it or help..I know most birds will either sort themselves out or die but couldn't leave it for the cats!!!

I've been in Springfield vets on Moorgate road in Rotherham before when someone brought in an injured pigeon and they dealt with that for free.

That branch is also the 24 hour hospital and their number is 01709 377241, so would be a good idea to call them for advice. It definitely needs tending to poor thing.

I have brought it home. i think he is a youngster as when i offer water he opens his beak and takes it off me. I have offered cat food, recommended, but not interested?? will try to get to vets tomorrow. apparently Crows are v v clever!! despite his wing he has been perched on my hand when I put it in to offer water. stayed there for are while and even tried to preen his feathers whilst perched on me.

Pet Samaritans at chesterfield are very good at taking any bird or animal in need and trying their best to help. Vets are nit obliged to be honest but dome are very good others are not xx

peak vets in woodseats sheffield

Have you tried him with meal worms? he might like them, get him eating something then he might take the cat food.

Took him to vets. Wing not broken! !!! Yey..thinks its sprained..advised to rest for a couple of days then take him back to where i found him

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 14:12 ----------

Been given him meal worms..loves em!!

Brilliant, I would try him with some raw meat as well minced, perhaps chicken or turkey :)

Only got chicken in at mo. Do you think raw chicken would be ok?? Been doing research and he is def a baby crow about 3 /4 week s old. He is soooooo sweet but trying not to spent to much time with him as i know how clever they are and can easily be domesticated. Feeding him every hour and water in box. Will look for nest again tomorrow. Want to grt him back to mum asap