First bus left girl at bus stop.

Yes he should have done, it's not hard or going out of his way to issue the credit note, takes no time to issue, so I can't understand why it was not offered. Only the driver knows

Would be a good idea for sypte or somebody to introduce the mystery passenger who in turn could mark points for service ect. Keep the grumps on their toes a bit. BP used to do this years ago with the mystery motorist with a cash reward for good points

But either way you are missing the point as usual. A bus driver should not leave someone standing at a stop at that time of night without a really good reason.

So shouldn't the same go for a taxi driver? or the trams etc?

if you get on, and don't have the right change or amount, should they let you travel at a discounted rate or whatever?

they are trying to run a business, if they did it for one, and everyone caught wind then everyone would be trying it and the company would loose money...

Having said all this, people do appreciate the service, I'm sure. Practically everyone who gets off the bus in front of me says a thank-you to the driver (and I average 25+ bu s journeys a week). My young daughters now do the same, not because I nag them (which would make no difference) but because they hear everyone else saying thank-you.

Ok, let's turn the tables a bit............

My nature is to be happy, have a laugh and it takes hell of a lot to get my back up. This I demonstrate whilst driving a bus. I say Hello and thank you to each and every passenger, do my bit to help where I can etc.

The number of passengers that get on, look at you as though you have just killed their dog, slam money on the counter, grunt, tut because they have to take their ticket out (and yes it does happen), and are completely rude, that's even if they recognise there is someone driving is unbelievable.

The grief we get from some pensioners after 11pm when they have to pay for their journey is unbelievable too. It's not the drivers fault, it's the Government who changed the system, and I for one am not going to risk my job to save someone less than £3 by letting them on for free when they know the timing cut off is 11pm and they are able to pay

I don't ask for much, but I am polite and courteous to each and every passenger that gets onto my vehicle, and I expect the same in return, but unfortunately it doesn't happen.

I can understand why drivers get grumpy, it's the way they are spoken to, or acted against by some passengers, which stays in their mind and reflects on the mood for the rest of the journey.

Remember we are human, not robots, there is a real person driving the bus, who deserves to be acknowledged and spoken to correctly.

This is all I ask, and i'm sure some people will slate what I have put, I don't care, this has come from a drivers view, my own personal view, not First, not any other driver, but mine.

Firstly I worked in customer services for years so understand where you are comming from. However this discussion isnt really around friendlyness of the driver is it. The driver in question could be the grumpiest bloke or woman on the planet but had they have a) issued a credit note or b) provided change there wouldnt be an issue. Its not the friendlyness thats the issue but the fact they simply refused to budge and abandoned a customer late at night.

Firstly I worked in customer services for years so understand where you are comming from. However this discussion isnt really around friendlyness of the driver is it. The driver in question could be the grumpiest bloke or woman on the planet but had they have a) issued a credit note or b) provided change there wouldnt be an issue. Its not the friendlyness thats the issue but the fact they simply refused to budge and abandoned a customer late at night.

Lets not go into hyperbole mode - she got the Stagecoach service 15 minutes later.

Lets not go into hyperbole mode - she got the Stagecoach service 15 minutes later.

15 minutes! :rant:

Do you realise what can happen to an unaccompanied 17 year old in Nethergreen in 15 minutes?

She could have been abducted by gullible aliens that are regularly reported to be patrolling the skies of Sheffield at that time of night... :o

... and that's far more plausible than this thread. :rolleyes:

They are usually more customer friendly than first.

Do you realise what can happen to an unaccompanied 17 year old in Nethergreen in 15 minutes?

She could have been abducted by gullible aliens that are regularly reported to be patrolling the skies of Sheffield at that time of night... :o

"Take me to your balsamic vinegar"

"Take me to your balsamic vinegar"

Leave him, I may be crazy but he beats me by far.

which one are you Mr Bloke, especially where first buses are concerned.

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/22000/22027/monkeys_22027_sm.gif

:confused: