First bus left girl at bus stop.

Firstly to all you disbelievers don't judge others by your own morals, why would I or my daughter have reason to lie, we have nothing to gain from this, and even if we had I still wouldn't lie. Why would I waste my time posting if it was not true.

For what it's worth she is 17 with a student card, although I still cannot see how her age has any bearing on the drivers behaviour.

Exactly even if it was an adult it would be unacceptable.

Regardless of age. As a first bus driver I certainly would not of refused travel to any female late at night!!!

Also could try calling First customer service, and ask if they'd like to make any comment, as you'll be posting the video on YouTube etc.

Good luck with that at 2250 in the evening.

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 16:44 ----------

if I am catching a bus, team, train I always have the correct change. It's common sense. Especially at such a late time!

How does that work then, do you demand that the cash point start giving out coins?

Or do you go into a shop and expect them to take a note, simply so that another company doesn't have to?

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 16:46 ----------

The difference between a shop and public transport is most shops (like my chippy) have a well stocked till and a safe with backup change. How much extra float should a bus driver carry? In today's world how many people buy weekly or monthly tickets? No I don't have the correct change when I go shopping why would I carry about £100 to Asda in change? Common sense says take notes or a debit card.

I'd expect a bus at that time of night to have been running for some time and have built up some change.

And even if it hasn't, they can issue credit notes as previously explained.

Regardless of age. As a first bus driver I certainly would not of refused travel to any female late at night!!!

And we'll done you for that.shame some of your co workers are not same minded.granddaughter left to walk home after been told megarider not valid on first 123 sypte assures me it is as do stagecoach. Am sure bad attitude is not part of job description but seems to be part of the service. Note to all bad attitude drivers Joe public does not care what sort of day you are having he/she just wants to get from a to b. Note to all the nice helpful drivers keep up the good work you ARE valued

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 17:39 ----------

Exactly even if it was an adult it would be unacceptable.

Attitudes like that are always unacceptable.Am sure his parents must be very proud

The bus driver wants sacking. The driver should be ashamed of his behaviour. I may be expecting too much but he could have let her on for nothing. Its not like first increased there fares by 10p a journey with no justification recently. :huh:

Thank u agnostica. Means a lot that some folk do actually value us trying to do a good job.

Our service is run by T&M. On time, nice drivers - just wish we could have them more than once an hour in the morning and at tea-time but as we're lucky to have the service at all one an hour will have to do :)

Thank u agnostica. Means a lot that some folk do actually value us trying to do a good job.

Most welcome. While it is right to pull someone for bad attitude and work practice .I think it is also important to praise and thank someone for doing a good job

Most welcome. While it is right to pull someone for bad attitude and work practice .I think it is also important to praise and thank someone for doing a good job

Definitely! :)

Hope you, 'the_bloke', and I use that term lightly, one day gets stranded because you don't have the correct denomination of legal and valid currency...unbelievable comments.

*pats* there there, I'm sure you'll learn to calm down and start trying to understand both sides of a discussion with a few more posts under your belt on the forum.

Patronising is annoying isn't it?

---------- Post added 21-06-2015 at 23:22 ----------

For what it's worth she is 17 with a student card, although I still cannot see how her age has any bearing on the drivers behaviour.

Why was the fare £1 then? It should have been 70 pence, and as you pointed out earlier, she had 75 pence in change on her.

Is the real story that she forgot her pass, tried to get on the bus for 70 pence without it then didn't have enough change for an adult £1 fare? If she was trying to pull a fast one then the driver had every right to ask her to get off. We are after all, only hearing one side of the story.

As it was, she walked to Tesco, got some change and got the next bus. What a mountain out of a molehill. There's even people suggesting the driver was sacked for it, which is total, slack jawed idiocy.

Did someone say that there was a next bus, and that she caught it? I didn't see that.

Did someone say that there was a next bus, and that she caught it? I didn't see that.

Back in post #15