First bus left girl at bus stop.

Not excusing his alleged actions but it isn't a "public service", First are a private operator.

Offering a service to the public.

Offering a service to the public.

You are as good at dodging questions as your namesake :)

Am I right in thinking your daughter had 75 pence in change and a student bus pass, but once on the bus realised she had no pass and had to pay full fare?

There are no public service vehicles anymore I have just checked, drivers have p.c.v licenses which are passenger carrying vehicles,seems a lot allegedly was said and I bet the driver might have something to say on this if he knew,we cannot judge this on one sided account only,I don't agree with people using social media as kangaroo court either! Where will this end ? In my opinion it ended as the bus drove away as you/we will never get to the bottom of what really happened

Am I right in thinking your daughter had 75 pence in change and a student bus pass, but once on the bus realised she had no pass and had to pay full fare?

No you are wrong, not for the first time.

As the dragons say "I'm out"

There are no public service vehicles anymore I have just checked, drivers have p.c.v licenses which are passenger carrying vehicles,seems a lot allegedly was said and I bet the driver might have something to say on this if he knew,we cannot judge this on one sided account only,I don't agree with people using social media as kangaroo court either! Where will this end ? In my opinion it ended as the bus drove away as you/we will never get to the bottom of what really happened

Is a bus company not offering a service to the public?

There are two sides hence my third time of commenting - As explained in post 10 my daughter would be happy to meet the driver concerned to discuss the reason for his decisions and attitude that evening, I am sure she would not be saying this if anything she had stated was anything but 100% correct.

Not excusing his alleged actions but it isn't a "public service", First are a private operator.

Any ideas as to why the fare wasn't 70p?

Stand to be corrected minimum fare on 120 route £1 minimum fare maximum £1.80. Assume the girl had no student ticket full fare applies so £1 upwards

Did she have her student pass or not?

No you are wrong, not for the first time.

Aha okay.

When she got on the bus she went to pay the £1 fare with a £5 note

I didn't mention it originally, but she also offered 75p in change, which was the total change she had

For what it's worth she is 17 with a student card

Looking at your posts, can you see why most posters on here, including myself, assume she had the change ready for a 70p journey but didn't have her student pass with her on the bus?

Edit: and where else have I been wrong? Please enlighten me so I fully understand this tale of woe and can join with you in gnashing my teeth and calling for this bus driver to be sacked.

Edited by the_bloke

Did she have her student pass or not?

Only the girl and driver would know that however we do know from op she had more than enough to cover the fare

And one assumes she is a regular bus traveller and therefore knows the fare is 70p and would have asked for it...assuming she had her pass.

Aha okay.

can join with you in gnashing my teeth and calling for this bus driver to be sacked.

I do not and have never wanted the driver sacked, just to be aware of how his attitude and actions impact on others and keep professional while working to serve his customers..