First bus left girl at bus stop.

Are you sure it was a First bus?? Stagecoach run that service too.

Just to answer this one:

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179872463

From the timings in the OP, looks like it was the 2242 service departing Fulwood that she got on, therefore it was a First service assuming everything was to time.

True. He's also said she had 75 pence in change and has a student pass for the bus, so the journey should have cost 70 pence. Why it cost £1 is a mystery as yet unexplained.

Still a load of moaning over nothing IMO, but then most threads about public transport are :)

What moaning over the fact that a bus driver was unreasonable and rude. We expect some kind of service. Be it a poor one but some none the less.

As for the moans about public transport on here they are here for a reason. Us passengers are fed up with the shoddy transport network that we pay for and is overpriced. Oil prices go down and still our fares either stay the same or go up.

What moaning over the fact that a bus driver was unreasonable and rude. .

So the OP says. I still think there is more to this then the OP has been told by his daughter. Why no mention of a credit note?

The bus driver should have let her travel for free as a one off, you can tell when someone is genuine and when they are trying it on, so at the time I think he should have said, next time try and have the correct change if possible and said I will let you off this once so take a seat.

Yeah some bus drivers are horrid I do work with them and to be fair some passengers are horrid as well and have no manners and don't mind messing you around.

The best one I heard was a passenger phoned the depot up and said I think it's a disgrace that one of your drivers didn't let me on with my megarider pass. Well of course he would not let you travel we are not stagecoach madam we are ********. Woman sighs and puts phone down. BRILLIANT!

Few, but not all of these drivers are horrid, I have a disability card and don't need to pay, some of these drivers can still be the most miserable unhappy depressed who cannot serve people properly.

Few, but not all of these drivers are horrid, I have a disability card and don't need to pay, some of these drivers can still be the most miserable unhappy depressed who cannot serve people properly.

Same can be said for all service industry staff though - some are lovely, some are horrid. Dunno why bus drivers get more attention than most, though.

It is time to stop making these drivers responsible for direct service to customers and make a system with multiple entrance doors for faster loading/unloading and a simpler payment system that works on all companies.

If that would be the case that girl would not have been left there.

Ok, let's turn the tables a bit............

My nature is to be happy, have a laugh and it takes hell of a lot to get my back up. This I demonstrate whilst driving a bus. I say Hello and thank you to each and every passenger, do my bit to help where I can etc.

The number of passengers that get on, look at you as though you have just killed their dog, slam money on the counter, grunt, tut because they have to take their ticket out (and yes it does happen), and are completely rude, that's even if they recognise there is someone driving is unbelievable.

The grief we get from some pensioners after 11pm when they have to pay for their journey is unbelievable too. It's not the drivers fault, it's the Government who changed the system, and I for one am not going to risk my job to save someone less than £3 by letting them on for free when they know the timing cut off is 11pm and they are able to pay

I don't ask for much, but I am polite and courteous to each and every passenger that gets onto my vehicle, and I expect the same in return, but unfortunately it doesn't happen.

I can understand why drivers get grumpy, it's the way they are spoken to, or acted against by some passengers, which stays in their mind and reflects on the mood for the rest of the journey.

Remember we are human, not robots, there is a real person driving the bus, who deserves to be acknowledged and spoken to correctly.

This is all I ask, and i'm sure some people will slate what I have put, I don't care, this has come from a drivers view, my own personal view, not First, not any other driver, but mine.

Edited by vizzbucks

Ok, let's turn the tables a bit............

My nature is to be happy, have a laugh and it takes hell of a lot to get my back up. This I demonstrate whilst driving a bus. I say Hello and thank you to each and every passenger, do my bit to help where I can etc.

The number of passengers that get on, slam money on the counter, grunt, give such a dirty look when boarding, tut because they have to take their ticket out (and yes it does happen), and are completely rude, that's even if they recognise there is someone driving is unbelievable.

The grief we get from some pensioners after 11pm when they have to pay for their journey is unbelievable too. It's not the drivers fault, it's the Government who changed the system, and I for one am not going to risk my job to save someone less than £3 by letting them on for free

I don't ask for much, but I am polite and courteous to each and every passenger that gets onto my vehicle, and I expect the same in return, but unfortunately it doesn't happen.

I can understand why drivers get grumpy, it's the way they are spoken to, or acted against by some passengers, which stays in their mind and reflects on the mood for the rest of the journey.

Remember we are human, not robots, there is a real person driving the bus, who deserves to be acknowledged and spoken to correctly.

This is all I ask, and i'm sure some people will slate what I have put, I don't care, this has come from a drivers view, my own personal view, not First, not any other driver, but mine.

Vizzbucks and others, working in a similar environment I totally understand your frustration and I do understand that 95% of bus drivers deal well with customers / passengers, but the 5% that don't I am afraid are the ones that are noticed and commented on and give us all a bad name in any public service industry. I do not wish to tar all drivers with the same brush, but also feel the bad apples in the barrel must be removed, for the sake of the customer and the other drivers.

on a separate point, I have just spoken to my daughter and there was no mention of a credit note.

---------- Post added 22-06-2015 at 14:54 ----------

Same can be said for all service industry staff though - some are lovely, some are horrid. Dunno why bus drivers get more attention than most, though.

they don't, there are similar post regarding checkout operators.

on a separate point, I have just spoken to my daughter and there was no mention of a credit note.

In which case then the driver has been an utter arse.

I know it's too late now, but if it happens again, all she has to do is request a credit note. This credit note can be changed on her next journey into cash or if the driver does not have enough change to cover it then can be exchanged at the Archway Centre at the bus station in the city.

I must admit that I find it hard to understand why the driver didn't have enough change at that time of night, unless a lot of his passengers got on with notes.

I've done my bit of detective work, trying to find out who this driver was (just out of curiosity) but drew a blank, with all drivers saying it was disgusting how your daughter was left at the bus stop.

Surely the driver should have used his own noggin and offered the credit note as an option without being prompted?