First bus left girl at bus stop.

It's ALWAYS somebody else fault lol. No matter what the incident! Idiots run off to fight in Syria it's the police fault for letting them go! Baby P murdered it's the social workers fault! (Not the scum that murdered him or his mum) children get abused it's the governments fault for not helping the kids (chuff knows where the parents were!) if I am catching a bus, team, train I always have the correct change. It's common sense. Especially at such a late time!

May be it is her fault she had a fiver, but it's not her fault the driver did not have change, was verbally abusive and put her at risk leaving her in the street unnecessarily. But it appears you and Mr Bloke condone this behavior and feel it acceptable because some serving the public fails to have the required tolls to do his job!

Do you have the correct change when you go shopping?

Edited by scargill

The bus driver was wrong to act as he did.

I'd also be very concerned that the people whom she'd been babysitting for didn't make sure she was safely on the bus. How old is your daughter ?

May be it is her fault she had a fiver, but it's not her fault the driver did not have change, was verbally abusive and put her at risk leaving her in the street unnecessarily. But it appears you and Mr Bloke condone this behavior and feel it acceptable because some serving the public fails to have the required tolls to do his job!

:hihi:

As asked by francypants in post #28, we're still waiting for you to decide how old your daughter is.

Think carefully now before you reply - your decision could affect the way this thread goes... :P

As asked by francypants in post #28, we're still waiting for you to decide how old your daughter is.

Think carefully now before you reply - your decision could affect the way this thread goes... :P

Not sure what world you live in Mr bloke but in my world you do not decide the age of your children that decision is made by the date on which they were born, what you can do is to decide whether to decide if you disclose that age to strangers.

No matter the age be 7, 17 or 72, abuse and verbal bullying by anyone to anyone is not acceptable in any world and the world would be a much better place if everyone was civil to their fellow humans.

Not sure what world you live in Mr bloke but in my world you do not decide the age of your children that decision is made by the date on which they were born, what you can do is to decide whether to decide if you disclose that age to strangers.

No matter the age be 7, 17 or 72, abuse and verbal bullying by anyone to anyone is not acceptable in any world and the world would be a much better place if everyone was civil to their fellow humans.

Exactly and even if it was an adult. The Bus driver is still a muppet.

... so you won't tell us her age, but are happy to tell us which bus stop she waits at and the time she's there?

If I believed a word of this drivel I might have a bit more sympathy with your story, but I don't!

It's obviously good enough to suck some gullible types in though, so carry on without me...

... I've got a bus to catch! :P

The difference between a shop and public transport is most shops (like my chippy) have a well stocked till and a safe with backup change. How much extra float should a bus driver carry? In today's world how many people buy weekly or monthly tickets? No I don't have the correct change when I go shopping why would I carry about £100 to Asda in change? Common sense says take notes or a debit card.

The driver had a couple of options open to him. If he couldn't give the £4 change, then he should have either issued a credit note for the £4, or accepted the 70p and pushed it through as a child fare, or at a push put it through as a misc. fare.

If this really did happen, and wasn't a ploy because she was late home and thought of this as an excuse, then she should have made a note of the bus number, which would have linked it to the driver in question.

I really can't believe that a driver wouldn't have the change on that route and at that time of night. I regularly drive that route and always have enough change.

The drivers attitude was all wrong, and there is no excuse for it. I know 90% of the 120 drivers and they are decent blokes/lasses, and most have families of their own, so I find it difficult to see this happening.

Are you sure it was a First bus?? Stagecoach run that service too.

The driver had a couple of options open to him. If he couldn't give the £4 change, then he should have either issued a credit note for the £4, or accepted the 70p and pushed it through as a child fare, or at a push put it through as a misc. fare.

If this really did happen, and wasn't a ploy because she was late home and thought of this as an excuse, then she should have made a note of the bus number, which would have linked it to the driver in question.

I really can't believe that a driver wouldn't have the change on that route and at that time of night. I regularly drive that route and always have enough change.

The drivers attitude was all wrong, and there is no excuse for it. I know 90% of the 120 drivers and they are decent blokes/lasses, and most have families of their own, so I find it difficult to see this happening.

Are you sure it was a First bus?? Stagecoach run that service too.

Is that how much a child single is? 70p. How old is the OP's daughter?

Dunno, she ain't saying, if she is saying a £1.00 fare, she must be at least 17 with a student pass or didn't have her pass on her and only going to Ranmoor or the bottom of Hallamshire Road

Is that how much a child single is? 70p. How old is the OP's daughter?

For some unknown reason he won't tell us....... I've already asked this question a while back.

For some unknown reason he won't tell us....... I've already asked this question a while back.

Right lol. One of those threads. Ether it did not happen and the OP is just bad mouthing the bus company or the "kid" was trying it on with the driver and got kicked to the kerb! I will unsubscribe this thread lol.

Firstly to all you disbelievers don't judge others by your own morals, why would I or my daughter have reason to lie, we have nothing to gain from this, and even if we had I still wouldn't lie. Why would I waste my time posting if it was not true.

For what it's worth she is 17 with a student card, although I still cannot see how her age has any bearing on the drivers behaviour.