Sheffield Veterans/Armed Forces Day

I wonder why The Star did not explain this in their coverage of thePinknic.

Because to be honest I think they probably feel that very few will complain since we have celebrated both (be it one on the wrong day). Also it would require some research on here from the star journalists.

If they had worked it out they would have put it in. Any debate to stir up interest in their waning publication would be helpful.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened when Sheffield has ignored the official date.

I agree and its not as if gay pride cannot be moved. Each city and town has their own celebration held on different dates. Just chose a different date.

Who established the date first? Pride or Armed Forces Day?

If AFD have bowled up and taken over someone else's date, it's up to them to move, not the people already there.

Who established the date first? Pride or Armed Forces Day?

If AFD have bowled up and taken over someone else's date, it's up to them to move, not the people already there.

Well Armed forces day was started in 2006. Dont know when Sheffield pride started. And besides. Its different times for different cities so it can be moved. Its not even pride that they were celebrating but a fundraser for the pride.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened when Sheffield has ignored the official date.

The last 3 years has always been held the week before the nationally recognised day

The last 3 years has always been held the week before the nationally recognised day

It would appear that Armed Forces Day events are held on different dates

between June and August, in various towns around the Uk