Old man driving bad

English please

The horse before de cart.

English please

I am thinking, therefore I exist :)

Good point about him possibly being a war veteran. Lets not forget the sacrifices of his generation. Sacrifices were made so that we have the right to spell badly.

so this bad driver is about 90? ( the youngest he could be would be 85 to have been anywhere near old enough to have fought in World War Two. ( born circa 1929 To be 16/17 in 1945)

A bigger fine than I would have expected for this.

A bit of an OTT comment... "Drivers had to brake and swerve". If someone travelling at 10 mph below the speed limit causes other drivers any great concern, then I hope those same drivers never come across a vehicle which is legally limited to 60 or even less, let alone anyone who has broken down. It is inconsiderate to hog the lane, and should be stopped, but it hardly the crime of the century.

A bigger fine than I would have expected for this.

A bit of an OTT comment... "Drivers had to brake and swerve". If someone travelling at 10 mph below the speed limit causes other drivers any great concern, then I hope those same drivers never come across a vehicle which is legally limited to 60 or even less, let alone anyone who has broken down. It is inconsiderate to hog the lane, and should be stopped, but it hardly the crime of the century.

I commented as much on another forum.

I'm not going to defend someone middle lane hogging (mlh'g) but I'd be ready to criticise the other drivers that had to "brake and swerve".

I feel someone has been made an example of to get the headline.

For me, mlh'g is driving in a lane other than lane1 for no good reason and with no knowledge of or not caring about what is behind you.

So a strict reading of the HC's "drive in lane1 unless you are overtaking" is not necessary in my book.

so this bad driver is about 90? ( the youngest he could be would be 85 to have been anywhere near old enough to have fought in World War Two. ( born circa 1929 To be 16/17 in 1945)

Your maths is infallible.

I commented as much on another forum.

I'm not going to defend someone middle lane hogging (mlh'g) but I'd be ready to criticise the other drivers that had to "brake and swerve".

I feel someone has been made an example of to get the headline.

For me, mlh'g is driving in a lane other than lane1 for no good reason and with no knowledge of or not caring about what is behind you.

So a strict reading of the HC's "drive in lane1 unless you are overtaking" is not necessary in my book.

As I see it, the issue is whether or not it is inconveniencing somebody else.

All these threads about bad driving makes me think that cars should have compulsory insurance, registration and taxation.

That would soon put a stop to the dozy drivers, dangerous drivers and drunken drivers

How about a compulsory multiple-choice theory test on the Highway Code, followed - if they pass that - by a practical test to ensure they that they are competent to be on the road. That would ensure that you don't get any dangerous drivers.

some people just drive incorrectly on the roads today

Some people can't write properly too!