Credit card machine for my sml business

Can anyone help me out? I own a small business which accepts cash only but i am thinking about having one of those credit card machines but there is a fee, daily charge and more if your customers uses it !!!

Does anyone know which one is the cheepest to go for? as money is tight what with just starting out.....

I've heard of this before which looks good particularly if you already own an iPhone.

https://www.izettle.com/gb

Edited by woah

Can anyone help me out? I own a small business which accepts cash only but i am thinking about having one of those credit card machines but there is a fee, daily charge and more if your customers uses it !!!

Does anyone know which one is the cheepest to go for? as money is tight what with just starting out.....

Join the federation of small business (FSB) and you get good rates as well as other benefits= http://www.fsb.org.uk/card-processing

I've heard of this before which looks good particularly if you already own an iPhone.

https://www.izettle.com/gb

And you can buy a little card reader with izettle even if you don't have a smart phone. I looked into but wanted to clarify a few things over the phone. Couldn't do it - it's all online to the best of my knowledge. Fine when it's working, not so good when it isn't.

When I first had a card machine 4-5yrs ago the annual overall cost was £600 (minimum) and this has now been reduced to less than £100 :D so it's not as bad as it used to be.

Who ever you decide to use will charge you fees it's unavoidable :gag:

The main companies I know of are: izettle/Paypal/Cardsave/PaymentSense/Barclaycard

All will have a slightly different offer, you'll just need to work out which best fits your business

First data or worldpay. Don't pay over 1.1 on transactions and £15 per month for the machine. Ignore paypal, its too easy for them to suspend you.

I'd just stick to accepting cash and coins.

Not everyone expects to pay with a Credit or Debit card.

My brother is a photographer and he uses the Paypal machine and gets on fine with it

Hi i use paypal here card reader for my business a one off charge then 2.75 percent per transaction no monthly fees

Edited by nikki-red

i use a sum up machine, no monthly fees, 2% fee per transaction.

it links to my phone via bluetooth thanks to the android app.

they do regular code offers for £20 off which brought the one off price down to about £45 for the machine, VAT and delivery.

payments for my sales go into my account with 1-3 working days.

hope that helps,

x

Hi if anyone is interested I have a izettle contactless /Apple Pay card machine was £99 never been used £50 or have a standard one £20