Kelham Island Tavern - Beer & Cider Festival 18th - 21st June

The Kelham Island Tav is running a beer and cider festival starting at noon today and running until Sunday.

Beer and cider lists are on the pub's facebook page.

Anything good on there? Not been to KIT for ages tbh.

Anything good on there? Not been to KIT for ages tbh.

Nothing that leaps out at me and screams "Drink me!"

Although the Bad Co Bourbon Brown sounds interesting as does the Bartrams Cherry Stout....oh, and the Bad Co Burnt Ends.

I'll be popping in anyway for a few this afternoon.

Nothing that leaps out at me and screams "Drink me!"

Just had a look at the beer list and came to the same conclusion!

OK, it might be a while longer before I visit again then......

The burnt ends was great and the barrel aged Gorlovka was lush. Might hit the cider next

Unfortunately it's a bit of a bad weekend for them with Brewdog having a Ballast Point tap takeover and the Broadfield having a beer festival. Yes they aren't everyone's cup of tea in terms of venues/companies and price but the beer selection wins hands down.

Not so sure that there is much overlap between clientele of the KIT & Broadfield......nevermind Brewdog.

Not so sure that there is much overlap between clientele of the KIT & Broadfield......nevermind Brewdog.

I know quite a few people who drink in all 3 on a regular basis it's not just the beards and guts crew that drink in The Tavern.

The Bourbon Brown was a very good end of evening tipple...you could tell it was strong

I know quite a few people who drink in all 3 on a regular basis it's not just the beards and guts crew that drink in The Tavern.

Hey - I have a beard and a gut! And I pretty much avoid the KIT as it is about ten years behind the times. Although I did note on their website that they now have a craft keg line. So maybe only 5 years now...

First I have heard about the Broadfield festival tho. That really gives me some choice this weekend, what with the Wakefield Round Table festival and Live in Barnsley.

Looks like will have to do Brewdog tonight...

yeah, the clash between Brewdog & Broadfield is more annoying than either clashing with the KIT (though it helps the KIT started last night!). Had what I wanted from KIT last night, gonna hit Brewpuppy after work today (annoyingly I've heard some of the US stuff isn't going on til 6pm...) and do Broadfield during day tomorrow and maybe again Sunday depending what they've got