Audio won't play through TV.

Hi.

I need help with getting my audio cable to work.

My laptop only supports VGA so I have that connecting to my TV from my laptop and the visual is fine.

My problem is the audio cable. I've used about 12 different cables and not one of them has worked. I still can't get the sound running through my TV's speakers.

Any advice will really be appreciated!

Hopefully as soon as possible as I can't cope with my laptop speakers :/

Have you looked at sound output settings ?

Have you looked at sound output settings ?

Where do I find that? I'm unless with computers. It all plugged in correctly it just won't work :/

Very likely that you need to change the output channel. If you right click on the volume symbol in the bottom right (Windows) you should be able to select Playback Devices. If you connect with a standard headphone jack in the laptop to the TV it will be recognised as Headphone speakers (most likely) right click them and enable them.

It might be that you need to select: "Show disabled devices" first.

Very likely that you need to change the output channel. If you right click on the volume symbol in the bottom right (Windows) you should be able to select Playback Devices. If you connect with a standard headphone jack in the laptop to the TV it will be recognised as Headphone speakers (most likely) right click them and enable them.

It might be that you need to select: "Show disabled devices" first.

I've just done that. It only shows my laptop speakers. I clicked show disabled devices and nothing else appeared.

A question not asked is what make and model is the tv and where are you connecting the audio output of the laptop?

A question not asked is what make and model is the tv and where are you connecting the audio output of the laptop?

My TV is a cheap one, called Neon. My cable has an audio jack one end that I put in the headphone slot on my laptop. The other end has red and white that I put into the TV. Sorry I can't explain more. I'm not very computer savvy :/

My TV is a cheap one, called Neon. My cable has an audio jack one end that I put in the headphone slot on my laptop. The other end has red and white that I put into the TV. Sorry I can't explain more. I'm not very computer savvy :/

Have you selected the correct audio input on the tv ?

Is there a model number on the back?

Found the manual to some Neon/Cello tvs with VGA inputs and they all have a mini jack port saying PC-IN

The red and white connectors usually have a yellow one near them and thats for external video input.

Can't find a away for changing input on the TV. I've tried everything on the sound settings and it did nothing.

Have you tried to some headphones in the laptop, that way you can identify whether the problem is with the laptop settings, or with the TV.

ALL TVs… When you use the VGA on the tv the only audio you will get is from the laptop/PC. The VGA cable will not send audio to the TV.

Plugging a cable into the headphone of the laptop and into the RCA connectors of the TV wont work.

You have Red, Yellow And white. The Yellow is for the image, The red and white is for audio.

You can NOT use VGA and RCA at the same time. You can NOT run the two at the same time. Using something like slim port will. You can have full HD Video and Audio over a single HDMI Connection.

---------- Post added 28-06-2015 at 04:34 ----------

http://www.slimportconnect.com/

---------- Post added 28-06-2015 at 04:36 ----------

http://www.startech.com/uk/AV/Displayport-Converters/Slimport-MyDP-to-VGA-Adapter~SLMPT2VGA

---------- Post added 28-06-2015 at 04:37 ----------

Do a Google . You will find the answer you need.