Using parallels

Hi there, im on a mac mini and am wanting to access some programme, but am told i need something called paralells.

Ive been given this link where i can download something so i can use this thing on my mac, but not sure what link i need for this!.

If anyone can help me please has im pretty crap at all this techy stuff.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

You want run a Windows based application on a Mac?

Parallels allows you to this but costs money.

You have been given a link to Virtual Box which should do the same thing but is opensource shareware.

You want the Virtual Box for OS download.

Read all the guides & FAQs as well.

You want run a Windows based application on a Mac?

Parallels allows you to this but costs money.

You have been given a link to Virtual Box which should do the same thing but is opensource shareware.

You want the Virtual Box for OS download.

Read all the guides & FAQs as well.

Thanks, yeah just done it now:)

Parallels is great, it allows you to run windows apps on the mac desktop rather than having a windows running windows, well worth £60 if you ask me. Downloading free software doesn't safeguard you from information it may transmit to the internet.

Parallels is great, it allows you to run windows apps on the mac desktop rather than having a windows running windows, well worth £60 if you ask me. Downloading free software doesn't safeguard you from information it may transmit to the internet.

I am happy with Parallels

A few years ago Parallels was the thing for this but Virtual box caught up a long time ago and it's free.

It's not dodgy. Oracle are a big player in commercial software and there's no spyware or any other kind of nefarious add-on.

Virtual box is perfectly good, reputable open source software.

It will do the job as well as parallels at no cost.