Landlines in Sheffield

Mine is 0114 4

It then goes on 444 which gets quite confusing... :hihi:

Mine is 0114 4

It then goes on 444 which gets quite confusing... :hihi:

Mine will be 0114 45.......

What has been the reaction when you've given it out?

I've only given it out to a handful of people and none have hesitated, just accepted it.

Mine will be 0114 45.......

What has been the reaction when you've given it out?

I've only given it out to a handful of people and none have hesitated, just accepted it.

Its not been bad, but this system has been around for a while now... I think my friend got an 0114 4 number about 4 years ago. Previous to this one I had 0114 3 and people did make a few mistakes with it and put either a 2 in place of the 3 or a 2 after 0114, but I think people have gotten used to it now.

Its not been bad, but this system has been around for a while now... I think my friend got an 0114 4 number about 4 years ago. Previous to this one I had 0114 3 and people did make a few mistakes with it and put either a 2 in place of the 3 or a 2 after 0114, but I think people have gotten used to it now.

I'm pleased to know that most people have got used to it now.

I thought I'd encounter people querying it when I gave them it but so far no-one has.

Interesting this thread, I got my new number today starting 0114 4xx and said to my husband I've seen 0114 3xx numbers but not 4. I'm sure I'll get used to it... Not too sure about my parents though.

Interesting this thread, I got my new number today starting 0114 4xx and said to my husband I've seen 0114 3xx numbers but not 4. I'm sure I'll get used to it... Not too sure about my parents though.

It's OK- you'll get used to them, and they'll get used to you.

It's because people in this city are backwards. They still call a department store in town by a different name despite it changing names thirteen years ago :loopy:

Actually it changed its name fifty years ago,(1962?) but no one noticed.

Actually it changed its name fifty years ago,(1962?) but no one noticed.

It was sold to Selfridges in 1920, and then to John Lewis in 1962, but was still branded as Cole Brothers until 2002, so no one would have noticed :)