Accident abbeydale rd

Do you even know what a dual-carriageway is?

Abbeydale Road is not one.

Outside Millhouses Park?

---------- Post added 18-06-2015 at 17:34 ----------

And clearly has never tried to drive down Abbeydale outside of bus lane hours. I'm sure you could if you wanted to spend the entire time moving between lanes to avoid the parked cars but it would be considered akin to dangerous driving!

But the Op said they were undertaken. Two cars. In which case there must have been a lane available that both of them should have been in.

Outside Millhouses Park?

That's Abbeydale Road South.

The discussion is about Abbeydale Road.

The Wolseley Road area of Abbeydale Road is a good distance away from Millhouses.

But the Op said they were undertaken. Two cars. In which case there must have been a lane available that both of them should have been in.

The poster you are referring to also said "undertook us in the bus lane narrowly missing a parked car".

Edited by milquetoast1

Outside Millhouses Park?

---------- Post added 18-06-2015 at 17:34 ----------

The picture shows roughly where I was under taken and the car in front overtaken on the wrong side of the road. I was not on the dual carriageway by Millhouses I was much further back near town. Here there are two lanes but not enough room in the middle of the day for two lanes and traffic to move freely due to parked cars. I was simply saying what my experience was and that yes I can drive on a road and understand the rules of a dual carriageway. As this isn't a dual carriageway I was highlighting how dangerous some drivers are. :)

Anybody on this thread ever heard of Crash for Cash ?

Edited by slugger

That's Abbeydale Road South.

The discussion is about Abbeydale Road.

The Wolseley Road area of Abbeydale Road is a good distance away from Millhouses.

The poster you are referring to also said "undertook us in the bus lane narrowly missing a parked car".

What she actually said was:

Oh my...there is some awful driving on Abbeydale Road. Over the last few weeks I have been undertaken and then the car in front overtaken by young men driving at ridiculous speeds in the middle of the day, off road quad bikes driving onto pavements to undertake us at traffic lights by teens, no helmets, again driving off at speed. It's ridiculous and so dangerous. Glad his sister is ok. I'm also glad I didn't come round the corner a minute earlier. This could have been a very different end result.

Where in that does it state Wolseley Road or a bus lane? Which is why I asked my original question. Now that is clarified, I understand. However, I will still hold that if there was enough space for two travelling cars to be undertaken then they were potentially in the wrong lane.

The picture shows roughly where I was under taken and the car in front overtaken on the wrong side of the road. I was not on the dual carriageway by Millhouses I was much further back near town. Here there are two lanes but not enough room in the middle of the day for two lanes and traffic to move freely due to parked cars. I was simply saying what my experience was and that yes I can drive on a road and understand the rules of a dual carriageway. As this isn't a dual carriageway I was highlighting how dangerous some drivers are. :)

Please reread, there were two cars but not both were undertaken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-25680877

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/what-s-on/woman-faces-jail-for-death-crash-1-442481

There are very many accidents on this road - it appears excessive speed is the cause of most of them.

The reason for most of them is 'Karachi Driving Practices'. I used to work and drive overseas (including Karachi) and picked up a lot of bad driving practices.

Would I be wrong to suggest you were both in the wrong lane then?

Yes. You would.

yes. You would.

ok........

The reason for most of them is 'Karachi Driving Practices'. I used to work and drive overseas (including Karachi) and picked up a lot of bad driving practices.

I worked in Karachi for about a year, and to be honest I didn't find it a problem. Drivers wanted to come out at a junction, or merge etc but always did it politely (a thumb and two finger gesture - a bit like holding a pen). Although, for much of the time the traffic was too congested to allow silly high speed manoeuvres in town.

However, the road towards Hyderabad was another matter entirely. Being forced onto the sandy, rough, "hard shoulder" by 3 HGVs, side by side, coming the other way and taking up the whole carriageway certainly concentrates the mind. (ie one HGV overtaking another, and the third HGV simultaneously overtaking both).