Accident abbeydale rd

They were driving into town and had passed the junction with Wormsley Road. About 200m up from there.

Oh my...there is some awful driving on Abbeydale Road. Over the last few weeks I have been undertaken

Any reason why you were undertaken?

No, just driving with the traffic, there was only one other car in front and both driving at the road speed. They came bombing up behind us. Engine roaring, undertook us in the bus lane narrowly missing a parked car and the over took the car in front again narrowly dodging oncoming traffic. All this to turn right at the junction just before the traffic lights before mini Tesco going out of town.

Ever driven on Abbeydale Road

Bus lane in operation: need to stay in outside lane

Bus lane NOT in operation. Parked cars, not possible to drive more than 10 seconds in the inside lane.

Oh my...there is some awful driving on Abbeydale Road. Over the last few weeks I have been undertaken and then the car in front overtaken by young men driving at ridiculous speeds in the middle of the day, off road quad bikes driving onto pavements to undertake us at traffic lights by teens, no helmets, again driving off at speed. It's ridiculous and so dangerous. Glad his sister is ok. I'm also glad I didn't come round the corner a minute earlier. This could have been a very different end result.

Last night I was driving along the Abbeydale road when, on the opposite side of the road, a car, driven at a ridiculously high speed, was overtaking another car. I had to swerve to the left to avoid it. It happened so fast I didn't even see the driver's face. Someone is likely to be killed on this road unless these irresponsible drivers are dealt with.

No, just driving with the traffic, there was only one other car in front and both driving at the road speed. They came bombing up behind us. Engine roaring, undertook us in the bus lane narrowly missing a parked car and the over took the car in front again narrowly dodging oncoming traffic. All this to turn right at the junction just before the traffic lights before mini Tesco going out of town.

Would I be wrong to suggest you were both in the wrong lane then?

Dual carriageways

A dual carriageway is a road which has a central reservation to separate the carriageways.

On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. After overtaking, move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.

Do you even know what a dual-carriageway is?

Abbeydale Road is not one.

Do you even know what a dual-carriageway is?

Abbeydale Road is not one.

And clearly has never tried to drive down Abbeydale outside of bus lane hours. I'm sure you could if you wanted to spend the entire time moving between lanes to avoid the parked cars but it would be considered akin to dangerous driving!

Would I be wrong to suggest you were both in the wrong lane then?

Dual carriageways

A dual carriageway is a road which has a central reservation to separate the carriageways.

On a two-lane dual carriageway you should stay in the left-hand lane. Use the right-hand lane for overtaking or turning right. After overtaking, move back to the left-hand lane when it is safe to do so.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/webimage/1.6944544.1415703642!/image/2853198862.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/2853198862.jpg

This is Abbeydale Road, defiantly not a dual carriageway.