What should a British Muslim do?

Ladies and gentlemen, I have read the above with great interest. I have come to the conclusion that I have the answer.

Get rid of religion. Consign these fairy tales to the dustbin of history.

Jesus was not the son of God, why? There is no God.

Mohammed may have heard something, but is was not God, why? There is no god.

Have a pint, get laid, love your kids, love the neighbors kids. Dont go to the Mosque or the church, play football.

This is your life, when you die they either bury or burn you, thats it. Enjoy.

Sounds like paradise... you must be God.

Tell us Oh Great Ladd, how would you have us worship you? How many times a day should we kneel before you, kiss you backside and grab you a beer?

Are there any snacks that might offend thee that you would care to ban the consumption of? May I suggest Wotsits munchers, with their foul breath, may burn well in hell?

And who are the bad people against whom we should discriminate? Please though, before you tell us, could I request you are as vague as possible so we may interpret your words in many different ways to suit our own agendas and to justify whatever we want to do to whoever?

Thanks Oh Great Ladd... this is shaping up to be the best religion ever. :)

Tell us Oh Great Ladd, how would you have us worship you? How many times a day should we kneel before you, kiss you backside and grab you a beer?

Are there any snacks that might offend thee that you would care to ban the consumption of? May I suggest Wotsits munchers, with their foul breath, may burn well in hell?

And who are the bad people against whom we should discriminate? Please though, before you tell us, could I request you are as vague as possible so we may interpret your words in many different ways to suit our own agendas and to justify whatever we want to do to whoever?

Heretics!

There is only one true lord. The flying spaghetti monster. May he poke you with his noodley appendage.

Tell me one religion that executes anyone for leaving that faith, tries execute a woman for a wrong procedure at a water fountain, charges a female rape victim with adultery, demands male witnesses to a rape, tells a man how when and why to beat his wife, etc etc.

Here's a clue it isn't the hells angels.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 11:06 ----------

Four Muslim Males (I won't call them men) have been released on appeal over the beating, stoning, burning running over with a vehicle of a defenceless innocent muslim woman who was falsely accused of burning a copy of the Koran.

What a triumph for Islam:loopy:

no, BB, it's a triumph for the idiots who misinterpret the scriptures, both on the part of the accused criminals and the judiciary involved in their release.

Actually I quite like and agree with most of your posts, this response is beneath you.

It is actually difficult to respond to such nonsense, are you sure you haven't taken my advice and had a few beers?

Actually I quite like and agree with most of your posts, this response is beneath you.

It is actually difficult to respond to such nonsense, are you sure you haven't taken my advice and had a few beers?

Yeah, I was hammered. You'd have to be to be buy-in to such bullocks.

My Daughter with five children has a saying "if you won't listen and take notice then you will have to feel. This can mean many things but overall it is a warning.

The Muslim population of the world(not just Sheffield) should listen! They should listen to the terrorist organisation calling themselves ISIS and they should listen to the leading Politicians of the world not just Al Jazeera. They should also make sure that there are Family and Community discussions where young people are involved and can contribute as well as ask questions. The result of closing yourself off from wider society is that you get a very narrow view of life. I know this as I was brought up as a Roman Catholic the religious education we had gave a very narrow view of most subjects in life. fortunately I was also taught to think.

Listen up all you people and think!

This is leading us all into a third world war and we may not survive it.

We already have more than enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world.

World leaders are already meeting to discuss the problem of these terrorists.

The Storming of traffic queues and the Channel Tunnel by knife wielding migrants, as they are being politely called, is actually terrorism in another form. Just how many of these people leaving Muslim countries are refugees and how many are Muslim terrorists we do not know.

Young Muslims are just as idealistic as young Christians and just as easily led down a rose garden path to a bed full of thorns and tears. Christians ! Remember Joan of Arc. She thought she had heard the word of God. She was a teenager. She burned as a heretic by the other side in their war.

The language of us and them my god and your god has been used throughout the ages to rally forces and make people feel under attack. History is not taught with a broad brush stroke on a large canvas giving an extensive picture of the world unless someone with a long memory extensive knowledge and the skills to depict the story is in charge of the classroom.

Where are the Fathers and Grandfathers the Grandmothers who lost Sons and Husbands. Why are they not talking to young people about the horrors of war: of the intolerance and persecutions of the past; and how knowledge and civilisations were destroyed by fanatics who were allowed to take power by telling people they were suffering more than their neighbour, that their problems were down to some other sect or faction; or other religion and that theirs was the only true path to what they rightly want.

Saying that these terrorists are not true Muslims will not work. The Idea of sacrificing yourself in death in the name of Allah has to be debunked as the way to paradise. There must be a passage somewhere in the Koran that forbids suicide just as there is in most other scripture why doesnt someone find it and use it.

Paradise can be here on Earth! We the human race have to work together and educate our children to make it so. The first lesson is respect (and love your neighbour). Anything else will result in Hell on Earth.

I don't want to have to hide my Muslim friends and neighbours in the attic and under the stairs when the backlash begins.[/QUOTE]

My bold=

You won't have to as The backlash you refer to won't happen so don't worry yourself as I'm not worried.

In the Quraan it does say that suicide is forbidden so any suicide bombers will not be going to paradise.

Does your daughter practice that saying on her kids ie by smacking them to make them feel it if they don't listen? If she does then she needs telling that it's illegal to smack your kids.

The question is really irrelevant. However for your information it is not illegal to smack your kids as you would know if you ever bothered to read the general English press or listen to something other than Al Jazzeera.

Children need to be protected from being physically abused by their parents irrespective of "cultural sensitivities", a UK charity has said.

"The NSPCC said different practices in communities were no excuse for "child abuse taking place in this country".

It comes as a judge said authorities need to make allowances for a "cultural context" in cases involving parents.

Mrs Justice Pauffley made the comments in a High Court ruling of a man from India accused of slapping his son.

She said that, in many newly arrived communities in the UK, children were "slapped and hit" for misbehaviour in a way that "excites the interest" of child protection professionals in this country.

Mrs Justice Pauffley - who sits in the family division of the High Court - said proper allowance had to be made for "what is, almost certainly a different cultural context".

She made the comments during a case involving a man from India who had been accused of assaulting his wife and son.

Children Act 2004

The boy - who cannot be named for legal reasons - alleged that his father had hit him with a belt on his back and leg.

The man denied the allegation but accepted he had given his son "a slap or a tap" to keep him disciplined.

The judge said this did not amount to "punitively harsh treatment of the kind that would merit the term physical abuse".

"Within many communities newly arrived in this country, children are slapped and hit for misbehaviour in a way which at first excites the interest of child protection professionals," Mrs Justice Pauffley said.

However, a spokesman for the NSPCC said: "Children need to be protected irrespective of cultural sensitivities.

"Different practices are no excuse for child abuse taking place in this country and the law doesn't make that distinction.

"Every child deserves the right to be safe and protected from physical abuse and the courts must reflect this."

Under the Children Act 2004 it is not illegal for a parent to hit their child as long as it amounts to "reasonable punishment"."

Copied from The BBC internet site.

Share this story.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 08:05 ----------

Edited by Margarita Ma
to add text.

The question is really irrelevant. However for your information it is not illegal to smack your kids as you would know if you ever bothered to read the general English press or listen to something other than Al Jazzeera.

Children need to be protected from being physically abused by their parents irrespective of "cultural sensitivities", a UK charity has said.

The NSPCC said different practices in communities were no excuse for "child abuse taking place in this country".

It comes as a judge said authorities need to make allowances for a "cultural context" in cases involving parents.

Mrs Justice Pauffley made the comments in a High Court ruling of a man from India accused of slapping his son.

She said that, in many newly arrived communities in the UK, children were "slapped and hit" for misbehaviour in a way that "excites the interest" of child protection professionals in this country.

Mrs Justice Pauffley - who sits in the family division of the High Court - said proper allowance had to be made for "what is, almost certainly a different cultural context".

She made the comments during a case involving a man from India who had been accused of assaulting his wife and son.

Children Act 2004

The boy - who cannot be named for legal reasons - alleged that his father had hit him with a belt on his back and leg.

The man denied the allegation but accepted he had given his son "a slap or a tap" to keep him disciplined.

The judge said this did not amount to "punitively harsh treatment of the kind that would merit the term physical abuse".

"Within many communities newly arrived in this country, children are slapped and hit for misbehaviour in a way which at first excites the interest of child protection professionals," Mrs Justice Pauffley said.

However, a spokesman for the NSPCC said: "Children need to be protected irrespective of cultural sensitivities.

"Different practices are no excuse for child abuse taking place in this country and the law doesn't make that distinction.

"Every child deserves the right to be safe and protected from physical abuse and the courts must reflect this."

Under the Children Act 2004 it is not illegal for a parent to hit their child as long as it amounts to "reasonable punishment".

View comments

Share this story.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 08:05 ----------

"The NSPCC said different practices in communities were no excuse for "child abuse taking place in this country".

Children Act 2004

Under the Children Act 2004 it is not illegal for a parent to hit their child as long as it amounts to "reasonable punishment"." copied from a newpaper internet site

I don't watch Aljazeera so stop making assumptions as you are only making an ass out of yourself. :)

I cant understand the title of British Muslims when I see no distinction in dress or behaviour than in their parental homeland. There is no distinction of location from other faiths so why this label?

Since they weren't terrorists at Meadowhall, who cares, people are allowed to dress as they wish.

Of course people can dress as they wish but the above mode of dress illustrates the person is separating themselves from the normal way of UK life which is to keep the face uncovered. In a nutshell showing they do not wish to integrate.

Of course people can dress as they wish but the above mode of dress illustrates the person is separating themselves from the normal way of UK life which is to keep the face uncovered. In a nutshell showing they do not wish to integrate.

I suppose teenagers with hoods pulled up and draw forwards are doing the same then.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 10:17 ----------

Not true there are places you cannot go dressed as you wish.

Meadowhall isn't one of those places though.

I suppose teenagers with hoods pulled up and draw forwards are doing the same then.

No, I think you are trying to provoke me. LOL

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 10:17 ----------

Meadowhall isn't one of those places though.

No banks in Meadowhell?