Rubbish in Council House Attic

Just a quick one as the council don't do weekends end and Google is drawing a blank... Will the council clear rubbish / junk left in an attic from previous tenants or offer any assistance in doing so?

They may, they should have checked though before they let the property out. You'd have to ask them.

If the Council are letting with vacant possession, it's not 'vacant' until they clear-out the attic.

I would ring or email them to ask - I believe they should have cleared it completely.

Thanks for the replies, will get on to them in the morning - if it was only the odd few bits I'd have taken them to the tip but looks like a skip full from what I can see up there.

Seeing as they have all too often ripped out perfectly good kitchens of higher quality than the ones they provide I think its safe to assume that the house should have been cleared before being let.. or sold.

The property would have been inspected before letting although the housing officers responsible don't carry ladders around,have to work to elf and safety,so can't always inspect the loft or attic space.If there is a staircase or loft ladder fitted then it should have been inspected and cleared.I'm not sure from your post which it is. They should take the rubbish if it was there when you took the property and you can prove it.They would recharge the outgoing tenant or their estate. Hope this helps