Hillsborough & Wisewood Graffiti

Has anyone else noticed all the graffiti that's appeared around Hillsborough and Wisewood? Seems to have become a real problem within the last month or so and it's looks really ugly and makes the area look uncared for. We've lived here for years and never known it this bad before.

Please, if you see some report it using https://www.fixmystreet.com/ and also if you see new graffiti appearing phone 101 and report it.

It seems to be happening all over ,I know the shops have had problems at Crookes and we have had even more problems with it on our shop on London rd .A shop on Crooks has put Ctv footage out on Fb of some of the offenders . I did notice driving back from work yesterday on Penistone rd that there was some new stuff on a fence at the bottom of the slip road near Aldi .You are right it does look a mess !

Yes I've noticed too,do these people realise that it makes the area look "bad" If they think it's good and " arty" I suggest they go and paint it on their on property or houses, if fact if offenders are caught I think they ought to be made to pay the cost of removal and then made to paint what ever they've been caught painting on their own house (or parents house) l wonder then if it's good or cool, I wonder then if it stops on their house or they have to pay again for removal?

Edited by bessmeg
spelling

Hi all

I have noticed loads more graffiti in the Hillsborough area recently. I am going to report the graffiti in my local S6 streets, anyone else able to join me so we can get Hillsborough cleaned up?

Details for 'Fix my street' in original post. I have also found that you can report to Sheffield City Council here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/graffiti.html

or for BT phone boxes here:

Reporting graffiti on BT external network (i.e. cabinets), 0800 023 2023 (Option 1).

Thanks!

Hi all

I have noticed loads more graffiti in the Hillsborough area recently. I am going to report the graffiti in my local S6 streets, anyone else able to join me so we can get Hillsborough cleaned up?

Details for 'Fix my street' in original post. I have also found that you can report to Sheffield City Council here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/graffiti.html

or for BT phone boxes here:

Reporting graffiti on BT external network (i.e. cabinets), 0800 023 2023 (Option 1).

Thanks!

A lot of the green boxes belong to Virgin. Have Emailed them about 3 weeks ago but not received a reply

It's such a daft thing to do. My brother thought it was fun to write ILuvEva on lots of walls all over town when he was 13 or so. When they made him clean ALL the graffiti for two weeks he quickly unlearned that behaviour.

Bazjea

Good to know I'm not the only one reporting - if you send me a link to who you emailed at Virgin I can hassle them as well.....

Hi I reported all the graffiti on bus stops on Walkley Lane and Crookes. It was removed the next day. Also reported the graffiti at Broomhill to Fix My Street. Glad to hear others are also reporting. Everywhere looks a meas

Maybe I'm just getting old - or maybe because I just seem to have noticed having moved to a new area but there is graffiti all over.....

Bazjea

Good to know I'm not the only one reporting - if you send me a link to who you emailed at Virgin I can hassle them as well.....

Try the link below has phone number and email copied from Virgin web site

Print

"Report a maintenance issue with one of our street cabinets

Is our street equipment in need of some TLC?

Please report any issue you find on our cabinet hotline number 0330 333 0444. This is the number to call for any maintenance issue, such as open or damaged cabinets or manhole covers. You can call us 24/7, and we'll resolve the issue as soon as we can.

Or, you can also report an issue with one of our cabinets or manhole covers using the online form available by clicking on Contact us, and selecting General enquiry.

Thanks for letting us know!

Ask the community

Get helpful advice from the friendly community at our forums

We have a problem showing Forum results here at the moment. You can still go and search the Virgin Media Community instead - or ask a new question

Digital life blog

See the latest blog updates from our support team"

Edited by bazjea

Meh, unless it's causing damage to your property, I wouldn't really worry about it. There's no point worrying about things that are out of your control. People don't have respect for public spaces anymore, they let their dogs sh*t everywhere and happily stand in aisles of shops gossiping and blocking the path for everyone else. Welcome to 2016.