Chapeltown Esso Petrol Station

Well my suggestions would be quicker than waiting for a reply on here, plus you get to hear it from the horses mouth. Not trolling, just helpful info.

I know that's what i said.... Unless i'm in there anyway i'm not going to go in just to ask. i.e. if i need to shop i'll ask or if they have some diesel i'll ask otherwise i'll wait till one of those two occasions. :)

Why not go in and ask them!!! What is it with some people :loopy: ask on here and get assumptions or go direct and get a definitive answer :thumbsup:

Because how infuriating is it to have to explain to each customer why something is happening. If anyone knows about it they will be on here and its a good opportunity to get information without everyone individually asking the garage.

Because how infuriating is it to have to explain to each customer why something is happening. If anyone knows about it they will be on here and its a good opportunity to get information without everyone individually asking the garage.

Or they could put a sign in the window apologising for the disruption or whatever the issue is.

I stopped and asked today . . . they said they've run out of unleaded!

I called as well today, no diesel :rant: But they had plenty of milk :D They had no diesel because they had run out in case anyone want's to know :hihi:

My sister put £10 of petrol in her car at the Esso garage at Chapeltown this morning. Went up Cowley Lane and down the slip road to the M1 and the engine coughed then packed in. She had to get towed off the motorway. I don't know if its related to the fuel she had just put in. The mechanic who came and towed her said it looked to him like it was fuel related. She checked her receipt to make sure it was petrol and not diesel she had put in.

Has anyone else had any problems after putting petrol in this morning?

I'm sure if it was fuel more people would have said by now

If you stick diesel in a petrol it'll smoke like a trooper, she would have noticed a huge cloud of smoke coming out the back of the car.

Turns out it was the fuel pump that had packed in. Free recovery due to the road works as well.

I don't know what the problem is if you cant get fuel at one petrol station then go to another near by there are enough to go at