Chapeltown Esso Petrol Station

Hi all,

Noticed that the Esso in Chapeltown had all the diesel pumps out of action again yesterday. This is the third time in the last four or five weeks that i've had to use the Murco... Or Texaco as it is now... further up Burncross Road to fill our cars up.... and maybe fifth or sixth time i've noticed they have the diesel pumps out of use when i've been driving past. My wife said they had various vans and people working around the forecourt again yesterday too.

I'm assuming they are having major issues with something related to their Diesel storage tanks etc???

Anybody know what the problems are????

It will probably he to do with the filters. The bio fuel plays havoc and a number of petrol stations that have problems. Sainsburys at Dronfield used to be really bad at times!

I know they had problems with filters. You could always nip up to the Jet petrol station for a lovely, friendly customer service :)

Why not go in and ask them!!! What is it with some people :loopy: ask on here and get assumptions or go direct and get a definitive answer :thumbsup:

Why not go in and ask them!!! What is it with some people :loopy: ask on here and get assumptions or go direct and get a definitive answer :thumbsup:

I would if they had some diesel available to sell me but I'm not going to drive in to just ask why they don't have any!!!!! :loopy::loopy::loopy: although I'm assuming that's what you would do rather than just carrying on to the next petrol station up the road...

What is it with some people if they can't help just keep quiet....:thumbsup:

If you went in and ask they may be able to tell you what is going on, though. More so than us random folk on here.

:roll:sssseeeeeeeshhhhhhhhh:roll: some people are sooooo lazy, get out your car you lump of lard :hihi::hihi:

lol so i'm obviously in the minority then and must be the only person who would not call in at garage to ask why they don't sell a certain fuel while i'm passing and without any other need to be in there......

Hmmmmm....Should i be doing this at every petrol station i see with "not in use" covers over certain pumps though i wonder as i may need to start factoring in this sort of thing for all my journeys in future. ;)

Back to the point though.... The reason i asked on here is there are plenty of people who will have two cars like ourselves but only one of them diesel so would have still been using the petrol station for one of their cars and therefore may have already asked. As both our cars are diesels then while ever they are having more time not selling diesel than they are selling it i am unlikely to be in there to ask myself. (It's been over two months now since i have been able to fill either of our cars up there). ;)

Edited by WaveyDavey

lol so i'm obviously in the minority then and must be the only person who would not call in at garage to ask why they don't sell a certain fuel while i'm passing and without any other need to be in there......

Hmmmmm....Should i be doing this at every petrol station i see with "not in use" covers over certain pumps though i wonder as i may need to start factoring in this sort of thing for all my journeys in future. ;)

Back to the point though.... The reason i asked on here is there are plenty of people who will have two cars like ourselves but only one of them diesel so would have still been using the petrol station for one of their cars and therefore may have already asked. As both our cars are diesels then while ever they are having more time not selling diesel than they are selling it i am unlikely to be in there to ask myself. (It's been over two months now since i have been able to fill either of our cars up there). ;)

Nope,im with you on this Davey,drove past several times because the diesel pumps were out of action,thought about going in and asking why,but nah stuff that.:)

It's the Esso also a Tesco Express? I'm sure you could nip in for a pint of milk and ask them.

It's the Esso also a Tesco Express? I'm sure you could nip in for a pint of milk and ask them.

No i don't drink milk. :D

If i go in there for anything i'll ask or if they ever have diesel when i want to fill up i'll ask otherwise i'll be happy to wait thanks. ;)

No i don't drink milk. :D

If i go in there for anything i'll ask or if they ever have diesel when i want to fill up i'll ask otherwise i'll be happy to wait thanks. ;)

Well my suggestions would be quicker than waiting for a reply on here, plus you get to hear it from the horses mouth. Not trolling, just helpful info.