Large convoy of cars early hours ridgeway rd

As above anyone else witnessed the above , happened on a couple of occasions up to 20 vehicles in a convoy beeping horns hazards flashing ,music blaring, lads hanging out of car windows and then stopping and starting every few yards , appear to.be Asian youths, last night happened at around 1 then 1.30 am. Can be quite intimidating but getting that annoyed as going to work knackered again that I'm prob going to go out next time, must be upsetting for.more vulnerable people. Called Bobbys last time but they quickly move on so by the time they get there they've gone. Might be something innocent but just getting irritating now!

Sounds like part of a wedding celebration to me

I thought that the 1st time but seems strange to happen on at least 3 occasions in last 2 weeks and never seen it before

I thought that the 1st time but seems strange to happen on at least 3 occasions in last 2 weeks and never seen it before

As Halibut says, it's likely to be an Indian / Pakistani wedding celebration.

If you've not seen or heard them before, count yourself lucky.

The convoys are LOUD and if the bride and groom are traveling to the reception by horse and carriage, VERY SLOW too.

Hiya,

Indian/Pakistani here. Yeah generally young men during wedding seasons do rent out those OTT and flashy cars, making them look like cheap toys. However, a wedding parade ... at 1am? You're kidding right? In my experience of weddings, they're long and exhaustive in the Asian community, by that time everyone's at home. So if this was Asians, it certainly wasn't a wedding, but yeah, they do tend to be loud though

When you say Asians. Asia is quite a big continent.

When you say Asians. Asia is quite a big continent.

It's quite clear what specific race of people he meant, I doubt he was talking about people from Tajikistan :hihi:

It's quite clear what specific race of people he meant, I doubt he was talking about people from Tajikistan :hihi:

I am from Tajikistan, and it is our custom to drive around early in the morning playing load music and blowing our horns to make sure we can show everyone how happy we are to live here in the UK. ;)

its not a wedding, if it was one, the cars they are driving are modest shall we say.....

Ron - I have no idea where they from, on appearance I would classify their race as Asian, if they were white and I said "White" it might not mean they are from Sheffield , they might be from as far a field as who knows maybe Barnsley!

HAL9001 - I found your comment amusing even though I'm knackered and still irritated.

Once a month or so there is a get together at Boundary Mill Store car park at Catcliffe of car enthusiasts boy racers etc...burger van also and of course a bit of revving and tyre screeching (no harm done) So! might be a convoy from there off back home???

I dont know if its connected but a big convoy of cars (mostly BMWs but by no means all) has just gone up my quiet side road at Shiregreen about 4 times. All beeping, some people hanging out of windows/sunroofs.

They then all stopped on my road and a guy got out of a red Toyota and looked like he was taking peoples details.

My son who was waiting to pull onto our drive asked what was going on and they said it was for a wedding.

I dont know if its connected but a big convoy of cars (mostly BMWs but by no means all) has just gone up my quiet side road at Shiregreen about 4 times. All beeping, some people hanging out of windows/sunroofs.

They then all stopped on my road and a guy got out of a red Toyota and looked like he was taking peoples details.

My son who was waiting to pull onto our drive asked what was going on and they said it was for a wedding.

Hi all,

I'm also in Shiregreen, and have seen this several times in the last few weeks, most recently TWICE today at around 9pm (they appeared to have done a lap of the block). Same as mentioned before, a large convoy of cars, horns honking, hazards on, start-stopping, windows down and music blaring. All seemed to be Asian men, I'd describe the majority of the cars as modified 'boy racer' cars. A few of the nicer cars (BMW's) had stickers on the side like taxi stickers, could have been rentals.

I'd like to believe it is for a wedding, but every few days over a few weeks??

I'm all for different cultures keeping up their traditions, but unless they have different road use laws to the rest of us this is illegal and dangerous.