Greystones pub friday night

The TV's were installed when the back room was renovated last year, before Rob (old landlord) left and Ryan (new landlord) arrived.

Rob was dead set against the idea of TV's however Abbeydale own the pub so it was ultimately their decision.

They are mainly intended for functions only (ie to display photos at a birthday do).

They are currently used as a glorified radio on a very low volume.

I also expect when the extension is complete and the main bar renovated we may see more TV's. Fingers crossed not though!

Will reserve judgement till I see it at SunFest in a few weeks.

I'm sure there used to be a law which stated children weren't allowed in an open bar. The thinking behind this being that man turns away from bar with tray full of drinks; trips over kid running around that he couldn't see; both go splat on the floor; drinks end up over someone else.... you get the picture. As such there were kids rooms without an open bar. I could never work out why that was repealed at all.

These days it seems to me that many parents must drive there kids to school in case anything happens to them on the journey. But put a drink in their hands at a pub and suddenly they seem to forget they have kids. Of course if their little treasure was then to go missing it would be a case of 'I only took my eyes off them for a second...'. Yeah, right.

I have it in my head that there was a law that children couldn't be in a pub ' within sight of the optics '. I'm talking back in the 60/70s. Have I made that up ? It sort of fits in with what you're saying though.

I've been in the Broady when kids have actually been stood at the bar on the bar rail.

The TV's were installed when the back room was renovated last year, before Rob (old landlord) left and Ryan (new landlord) arrived.

Rob was dead set against the idea of TV's however Abbeydale own the pub so it was ultimately their decision.

They are mainly intended for functions only (ie to display photos at a birthday do).

They are currently used as a glorified radio on a very low volume.

I also expect when the extension is complete and the main bar renovated we may see more TV's. Fingers crossed not though!

I was in a few weeks ago on a Friday evening, the tellies were on showing sport - cricket I think. They just seemed inappropriate to me.

Will reserve judgement till I see it at SunFest in a few weeks.

The extension is going to be a new kitchen and eating area.

Part of the problem is kids just don't get proper exercise nowadays in the era of iPad's and gaming.

When I grew up I would be out on the bike or playing football or other physical sports or just walking with friends.

Now because many kids don't get the exercise they let of all that energy when they are out often in the wrong places like running around in shops or pubs.

Last time I went in the Hardy Pick it was like a playground inside with kids totally out of control running round tables inside.

Nothing wrong with kids in pubs but they just need to understand its not a playground.

I love the Greystones but we avoid it on a Friday night for this very reason now. Not against children being allowed in, but too many and too late for my liking!!