Greystones pub friday night

what is it about people that take their children to the greystones on friday nights and let them run riot play in the car park ( the clue is in the name car park ) these people have no control over their children running round in the pub knocking in to people best to avoid the place or keep the kids under control but i cannot see that happening

Great boozer and 200m from my house. But I avoid like the plague on a Friday evening. I wouldn't mind if the kids were barred after 8 but they stay later. Maybe cordon off the back room for people with kids but pubs are for adults in the evening. Yes I'm a grumpy 40 year old with no children...

Great boozer and 200m from my house. But I avoid like the plague on a Friday evening. I wouldn't mind if the kids were barred after 8 but they stay later. Maybe cordon off the back room for people with kids but pubs are for adults in the evening. Yes I'm a grumpy 40 year old with no children...

Im a grumpy 40 year old WITH kids and your spot on mate.

Its the same most nights, I dont know why they just segregate children to the back room and let adults enjoy the pub. I have complained but family's bring the money in. Try the rising sun at fulwood new landlord not many chavettes.

Im a grumpy 40 year old WITH kids and your spot on mate.

Totally agree. It does my head in when we go out and people just don't control their kids. My daughter was well behaved - for some reason she had a sense of occasion - and we never had a problem. It's not the kids I blame, it's the parents.

I agree.....there is no other environment where you'd let your kids run around out of sight near drunk strangers!

I agree.....there is no other environment where you'd let your kids run around out of sight near drunk strangers!

You've not been to Spain in the English dominated resorts then Rocket man?

Its the same most nights, I dont know why they just segregate children to the back room and let adults enjoy the pub. I have complained but family's bring the money in. Try the rising sun at fulwood new landlord not many chavettes.

OT but why on earth has the new landlord installed tellies at the Rising Sun??

Friday night at the Greystones is the pizza wagon night, so it fills the pub with families, and they stay on after 8.

Unfortunately without those families, you might not have a pub there at all, it might be a Tesco or similar.....or even worse, a Highcliffe :)

What on earth is a "pizza wagon"? Serious question.

If the 69 in your username is the year of your birth, you ain't 40 any more mate :)

---------- Post added 12-06-2015 at 09:16 ----------

What on earth is a "pizza wagon"? Serious question.

Nether Edge pizza company bring a wood fired pizza to the Greystones on a Friday...I believe its mounted on wheels.

Ah I see. And I assume these pizzas can only be bought inside the pub along with other meals and drinks, or is it like a takeaway that anyone can come along to?

The longer I read this thread the worse it gets. Tellys in the Rising Sun? How to ruin the ambience of a good pub at a stroke. Unbelievable.

Kids in the Greystones, the Brothers, the Broady. All pubs I enjoyed going in but not any more.

Yes, grumpy old git with 5 kids of his own, that's me.