George Osbourne Planning Tax credit cuts: Fair?

I have corrected that for you.

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 15:49 ----------

Don't big yourselves up too much. The proposals were rejected by the HOL.

Osborne being the clever man that he is has simply blended them within his universal credit reforms so he gets the result he wants albeit at a much slower rate.

He really is not that stupid to take things as such face value. Read between the lines and you will see that the "advice from labour" has changed Jack.

"He really is not that stupid to"....

Yes he is, he told us he would have wiped out the debt by now..ooops, he has doubled it. And he has just about missed every target that he has set himself...yeah, george is quite clever lol

"He really is not that stupid to"....

Yes he is, he told us he would have wiped out the debt by now..ooops, he has doubled it. And he has just about missed every target that he has set himself...yeah, george is quite clever lol

The stupid people are those that think he said he would wipe out the debt. ;)

He didn’t even promise to eliminate the deficit.

Edited by betterman

FYI EccoNoob - Osborne isn't in charge (or has any direct input) to universal credit, which has been in development for at least 3 years now.

Osborne may have U turned on tax credit cuts to save his bid for the leadership, but he will still hit the working poor through universal credit. Even worse as far as Sheffield is concerned, the cuts to Government grants to Local Authorities, replaced as they are, by the small amount of business tax and council tax we can raise, will cement for decades his Northern Poorhouse. Wealthy constituencies in the South East will be able to raise money for parks, leisure centres and libraries. The North will be left with nothing but derelict playgrounds, boarded up facilities and inadequate care for the vulnerable.

Welfare cuts set to come into effect in April will restrict tax credits to a family’s first two children. This will not apply to children conceived after rape - but a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) minister has suggested victims will be forced to report their ordeal to professionals if they want to continue to receive financial support for their children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/women-raped-lose-child-benefits-under-government-welfare-cuts-must-report-abuse-a7359496.html

Meanwhile George sidesteps into a cushy banking job which will probably 'earn' him zillions...

Nice.

Meanwhile George sidesteps into a cushy banking job which will probably 'earn' him zillions...

Nice.

Of course he does, whatever would you expect a massive failure to do?

Of course he does, whatever would you expect a massive failure to do?

Well it would be rather nice to see him try to manage on the dole, or in a 0 hours minimum wage job, tax credit cuts and all... Never going to happen of course. Never does.

This really in't unexpected... I really dislike alot of decisions this administration is taking... reminds me of the 80's *cough cough*

Almost a third of 11-year-olds in England leave primary school unable to swim, a representative sample of 1,000 parents of Year 6 pupils suggests.

Not only is swimming in the national curriculum, but parents get loads of money that should be spent on their children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40685881#

Almost a third of 11-year-olds in England leave primary school unable to swim, a representative sample of 1,000 parents of Year 6 pupils suggests.

Not only is swimming in the national curriculum, but parents get loads of money that should be spent on their children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40685881#

Schools can't afford to maintain swimming pools. My primary and middle schools both had pools but the Upper school (I lived in a part of the country with a 3 school system instead of 2) had no provision and swimming was not part of the curriculum.

However, there are plenty of public swimming pools that provide lessons and many are free.

Schools can't afford to maintain swimming pools. My primary and middle schools both had pools but the Upper school (I lived in a part of the country with a 3 school system instead of 2) had no provision and swimming was not part of the curriculum.

However, there are plenty of public swimming pools that provide lessons and many are free.

I understand swimming is part of the national curriculum, for junior schools. Why is do you say its not, is it because its an Academy?

""All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2.""

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-curriculum-in-england-physical-education-programmes-of-study/national-curriculum-in-england-physical-education-programmes-of-study