EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Well done to everyone.

Great chance to stand on our own 2 feet, will be a few bumps in the road along the way but in the long run I believe it will be for the best.

Twitter going absolute crazy with young people moaning because they can't work in zante for the summer or they haven't changed their holiday money yet.

No coincidence that less fortunate areas have all voted leave.

In Yorkshire only Leeds, York and Harrogate votes remain, which in my eyes says it all.

Farage is right, it's a victory for the working class and real people

It will be interesting to see if those working class and real people still feel victorious in a couple of years time

I hope all you lot on here who supported leaving the EU don`t end up having to eat your words because it`ll be the rest of us who voted remain who have to suffer as well. The pound is dropping like a stone. I felt we had to buy our Euros for our summer Crete holiday at soddin` three in the bleedin` morning or we could lose a packet. I feel sure our next holiday in Europe will cost more, maybe I should send the bill to those wanting to leave, similarly if my business makes less money......

But by your post you were voting remain for purely selfish reasons. Because it hurts you. A lot of leave voters will have voted for purely selfish reasons too. That's democracy for you. The pound will rebound no problem. It tanked because of all the polls predicting a remain win and then people and hedge funds selling all they had bought when results started coming in.

No one knows how it will go. It will be a 2 to 3 year transition. I certainly don't think 48% of the population will be ignored. If anything it shows there is need for massive reform in the voting system and London is completely out of touch with the rest of the country.

I hope all you lot on here who supported leaving the EU don`t end up having to eat your words because it`ll be the rest of us who voted remain who have to suffer as well. The pound is dropping like a stone. I felt we had to buy our Euros for our summer Crete holiday at soddin` three in the bleedin` morning or we could lose a packet. I feel sure our next holiday in Europe will cost more, maybe I should send the bill to those wanting to leave, similarly if my business makes less money......

Don't think it makes much difference. Both the pound and euro are dropping like a stone in tandem

Don't think it makes much difference. Both the pound and euro are dropping like a stone in tandem

Its down 10€c on my feed.

It will be interesting to see if those working class and real people still feel victorious in a couple of years time

Do you not see that's exactly why this vote has ended as it has. People want change. The poorer people will still be poor if they voted to stay. Their lives won't change much. They don't want zero hour contracts and low wages and want houses that are affordable.

The EU will collapse in a few years now.

Do you not see that's exactly why this vote has ended as it has. People want change. The poorer people will still be poor if they voted to stay. Their lives won't change much. They don't want zero hour contracts and low wages and want houses that are affordable.

Thumbs up to that

They will now be more poor, with less legal protection.

Something's just occurred to me. We have just had the official final count. In a general election, a few seats are not declared until well into the friday. Yet here, with a bigger turnout, it's all signed and sealed by just after 7am. I wonder why they can't do that in a general election.

Another thought. It's a good job the vote wasn't very close. If there was a recount, every vote would have to be recounted. Not like a general election, where it is just the odd seat that needs recounting, and if it does, it gets recounted straight away. If we had needed a recount now, the counters in such as Sunderland or Newcastle who had a reasonably early night would have to go back and start again.

But by your post you were voting remain for purely selfish reasons. Because it hurts you. A lot of leave voters will have voted for purely selfish reasons too. That's democracy for you. The pound will rebound no problem. It tanked because of all the polls predicting a remain win and then people and hedge funds selling all they had bought when results started coming in.

No one knows how it will go. It will be a 2 to 3 year transition. I certainly don't think 48% of the population will be ignored. If anything it shows there is need for massive reform in the voting system and London is completely out of touch with the rest of the country.

You've got it all backwards. The pound strengthened when the polls suggested we were staying in.

It's now down nearly 10% against the dollar.

I stand by my vote

I buy a lot of french manufactured render, so it could cost me more money. However thats a decision i dont mind and would like to see improvements in the North.

Didn't like the scaremongering, negativity and being called a racist from remainers.

They wanted change and they got it. Of course I understand that.

It does not mean that they will think their lot has improved in a few years time.

Some high turnouts in Yorkshire and Humber with 58% overall voting out.