EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Speak for yourself dude :hihi:

Ain't you seen Farage's latest nazi effort?? :gag: :gag:

I am speaking for myself 'dude' (are you a 12 year old american?). And i'm not calling anyone nazis.

I'm not suggesting we do not put the unemployed to work. I'm saying in such circumstances where a British worker cannot be found the foreigners total cost is borne by their employer for the duration of their work in Britain. So the admin costs etc are billed to the employer not the taxpayer and certainly no tax credits or child benefit or free NHS. Price 'cheap' foreigners at actual cost rather than subsidise them our taxes as we do now.

No,Brexit is supposed to remove cheap migrant labour out of the equation and replace it with UK unemployed,doing otherwise is defeating the object and by your plan,as I have explained,increasing beaurocracy and costs plus more illegals through visa overstaying and keeping the pressure on local housing wherever migrants are employed.

British business wanting cheap labour will not accept extra admin costs anyway,as it defeats their object of getting cheap labour and maximising their profits,so they would be looking to the uk unemployed to step forward into their jobs as the migrant labour would come with extra costs to them,so either the business would not get the labour if UK workers did not take up the slack and jobs would remain unfilled,or they would have to decide if it was worthwhile having that buisness if the extra costs of employing migrants cut their profits.

No,Brexit is supposed to remove cheap migrant labour out of the equation and replace it with UK unemployed,doing otherwise is defeating the object and by your plan,as I have explained,increasing beaurocracy and costs plus more illegals through visa overstaying and keeping the pressure on local housing wherever migrants are employed.

British business wanting cheap labour will not accept extra admin costs anyway,as it defeats their object of getting cheap labour and maximising their profits,so they would be looking to the uk unemployed to step forward into their jobs as the migrant labour would come with extra costs to them,so either the business would not get the labour if UK workers did not take up the slack and jobs would remain unfilled,or they would have to decide if it was worthwhile having that buisness if the extra costs of employing migrants cut their profits.

Or move factories/warehouses across the channel.

I shall be voting remain.

At the start of the campaign, I was very undecided. I don't like the huge Euro bureaucracy, nor do I like some of their silly ideas. The Euro and the Schengen Zone are crazy ideas, in my opinion.

However, I've been persuaded by the argument about economic stability and about human rights. I also want my kids to have the freedom to work where they want to. I dont see immigration as a problem at all.

All of the above, and the fact that Gove, Johnson and Farage fill me with dread, mean that I shall be voting remain.

A lot of Remainians claim this in an attempt to encourage others to follow. Wasi and the like... You've always intended to vote remain.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 08:37 ----------

Speak for yourself dude :hihi:

Ain't you seen Farage's latest nazi effort?? :gag: :gag:

Pointing out that uncontrolled immigration is out of control is hardly Nazi like lol :hihi:

Or move factories/warehouses across the channel.
What I am hearing from our local clients (SME and larger) is a combination of the above. Unsurprisingly, since it's very much the pragmatic approach/solution, in the face of so many unknowns and ongoing damage to their competitive position.

(i) Keep their UK set up as is or reduce it (subject to UK market evolution post-Brexit), depending on whether they can keep current EU nationals serving EU markets from their UK base without too much hassle (i.e. costs).

(ii) Maintain or grow their EU market effort with an EU office (if they can't do the above, or regardless to forestall any tariffs/NTBs), staffed by locally recruited EU nationals.

(iii) Keep hiring and visa-sponsoring non-EU nationals for the 'remote' non-EU export markets that require someone with the language/background/qualifications (most frequently Chinese/South American). Which is no cakewalk currently, and the experience of which (and the likelihood of having to follow that procedure for EU nationals after Brexit) goes quite some way to reinforce (ii) above.

All as stated on record by a few of them in recent local Chambers of Commerce Brexit debates/symposiums (wherein, as panel members, they said so to the audience, not just in networking chit-chat with me, so this isn't hearsay).

Sum total is stagnating activity/jobs in UK (in volume and tax base), focus on overseas activity/growth (taxed overseas: local VAT, local NI, <etc.>) and profits (taxed overseas).

That applies to clients exporting and planning to export (which is just about *all* of our clients making widgets and/or importing widgets and importing widget component parts/materials)...who are currently screaming blue murder about the Sterling FOREX position.

Edited by L00b

Pointing out that uncontrolled immigration is out of control is hardly Nazi like lol :hihi:

The Farage/Nazi like thing is in reference to the similarity between the poster Farage unveiled a few days ago and a Nazi propaganda film demonising refugees. See here.

It's notable that the official leave campaign has been keen to distance itself from that poster.

A lot of Remainians claim this in an attempt to encourage others to follow. Wasi and the like... You've always intended to vote remain.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 08:37 ----------

Stop playing the "race" card

I thought Cameron was very poor on QT last night.

So did I, it's all becoming a bit of a farce tbh, look at Warsi and all this guilt by association stuff the media are throwing about.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Jeremy Corbyn answering questions on Sky news tonight at 6 I believe.

So did I, it's all becoming a bit of a farce tbh, look at Warsi and all this guilt by association stuff the media are throwing about.

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Jeremy Corbyn answering questions on Sky news tonight at 6 I believe.

At least he'll tell the truth wether it's palatable or not even if it means his enemies inside Labour will accuse him(off the record of course)of trying to derail the remain campaign.To be honest even though I can understand why he had toe the line and albeit reluctantly support remain I wish he had lead The Lexit campaign instead

of having the whole campaign framed by differing factions of the tory party.I for one wouldn't have had to abstain.

Some more London-based EU jobs (159 total) to go in case of a Brexit.

Unavoidable, when you think about it: no-one can reasonably expect the EU to keep offices and jobs in the UK, after the UK would exit it.

At least he'll tell the truth wether it's palatable or not even if it means his enemies inside Labour will accuse him(off the record of course)of trying to derail the remain campaign.To be honest even though I can understand why he had toe the line and albeit reluctantly support remain I wish he had lead The Lexit campaign instead

of having the whole campaign framed by differing factions of the tory party. I for one wouldn't have had to abstain.

Why on earth would you "have to" abstain? :huh:

Well at least Mann & Skinner have had the courage to go with their beliefs.

Mann told the BBC Labour voters “fundamentally disagree” with Labour’s official position, echoing a concern Labour’s traditional electoral base may defect further to UKIP. He said the party had not planned any response to voters’ worries about immigration.

http://labourlist.org/2016/06/mann-and-skinner-will-vote-to-leave-the-eu/