EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

We are told employment has never been higher for years and that millions of jobs are being created. We have a low unemployment rate and very low rates of long term unemployment.

There is not a ready made army of UK workers to fill all the positions.

The only way this will work if there is an economic shock that destroys jobs and companies, forcing migrants to leave, followed by a gradual filling of vacancies that are created as the economy slowly recovers. Kind of a creative destruction that remodels the distribution of the workforce.

I dont think a lot of the leave voters understand this.

You just fill up all the available jobs with unemployed,especially where cheap labour is needed,anything after brexit that involves bringing in non EU or EU migrants to fill these jobs is defeating the object of brexit.........time for UK unemployed to take up the slack and help to take the strain off UK infrastructure.

I vote to remain. I can't see anything really changing anyway. As for immigration, it won't change if we voted out. That's just my opinion.

How is that controlled immigration?.............what new rules are you going to make for a business to follow,explain it in detail.

We simply pay zero benefits to immigrants, insist they have health insurance and only let them in on work visas on fixed terms thus putting the burden of their care while in the UK from taxpayer to their employer. Not hard.

have read in some places that when it comes to placing your x on the ballot paper , that they provide you with a pencil and the x must be in pencil . is there a reason for this ? honest question

We simply pay zero benefits to immigrants, insist they have health insurance and only let them in on work visas on fixed terms thus putting the burden of their care while in the UK from taxpayer to their employer. Not hard.

That isn't putting a burden of care on the employer.It is just increasing bureaucracy in the civil service when there is no need to because there are already unemployed people in the UK who can do the jobs if they wanted,plus,whatever was done in your plan would not placate people who are anti immigration when they can see they are still coming in even after brexit.They would still have to live somewhere which does not solve the housing and we've already seen immigrants disappear to become illegal,so obviously,the visa thing would take more policing than any government has previously been willing to spend money and manpower on,or those would overstay their visa and disappear too.

Edited by chalga

have read in some places that when it comes to placing your x on the ballot paper , that they provide you with a pencil and the x must be in pencil . is there a reason for this ? honest question

You can use your own pen according to this but yes they do provide a pencil= http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/how-do-i-vote/voting-in-person

That isn't putting a burden of care on the employer.It is just increasing bureaucracy in the civil service when there is no need to because there are already unemployed people in the UK who can do the jobs if they wanted,plus,whatever was done in your plan would not placate people who are anti immigration when they can see they are still coming in even after brexit.They would still have to live somewhere which does not solve the housing and we've already seen immigrants disappear to become illegal,so obviously,the visa thing would take more policing than any government has previously been willing to spend money and manpower on,or those would overstay their visa and disappear too.

Utter drivel.

Guest sibon

I shall be voting remain.

At the start of the campaign, I was very undecided. I don't like the huge Euro bureaucracy, nor do I like some of their silly ideas. The Euro and the Schengen Zone are crazy ideas, in my opinion.

However, I've been persuaded by the argument about economic stability and about human rights. I also want my kids to have the freedom to work where they want to. I dont see immigration as a problem at all.

All of the above, and the fact that Gove, Johnson and Farage fill me with dread, mean that I shall be voting remain.

If we exit, all this will do is cause mass uncertainty. That's not good for the economy.

Utter drivel.

Just explain to everybody what you disagree with and why.

If we exit, all this will do is cause mass uncertainty. That's not good for the economy.

And that really is the top and bottom of it. We can all put double shifts in but if the markets don't like it (and they don't already) then we're recession-bound. It might not last long (or it might) but gove et al failure to even acknowledge that makes me wonder what else they haven't got a clue about.

Just explain to everybody what you disagree with and why.

Your post. I'm talking about putting the cost burden of immigrants on those that employ them rather than as present the taxpayer.