EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Yes and I am entirely certain that I explained a million times by now that the people in Pagehall are not representative of the immigrant population from the EU, but no matter how often I do, people like you will always be ready to point to Pagehall, weird that?

if I was pointing to the hard working immigrants I would point out look how our nhs works with them :hihi: and like I said and answered this was about immigrants coming to this country and sponging from the welfare bill (do keep up old chap ):hihi:

Funny, because as a country we are running a deficit, does that mean that we have no net-contributors at all? It would appear so! But let's apply double standards and only allow fudging of the figures for the white British population.

No it means that the vast majority are not net contributors and that includes the vast majority of immigrants, every immigrant that is doing a job that a British person could do, means someone is claiming benefits that otherwise wouldn't be claiming benefits. So the immigrant is a drain on the economy unless the tax paid by them is enough to cover all the services they use and also cover the benefits paid to the person they displace from the workplace.

if I was pointing to the hard working immigrants I would point out look how our nhs works with them :hihi: and like I said and answered this was about immigrants coming to this country and sponging from the welfare bill (do keep up old chap ):hihi:

No sorry matey, it isn't about that, but that is what you want to make it about. It is about whether you want to stay in or out the of the EU but certain people like making it about Pagehall because that way they don't have to think.

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 08:43 ----------

No it means that the vast majority are not net contributors and that includes the vast majority of immigrants, every immigrant that is doing a job that a British person could do, means someone is claiming benefits that otherwise wouldn't be claiming benefits. So the immigrant is a drain on the economy unless the tax paid by them is enough to cover all the services they use and also cover the benefits paid to the person they displace from the workplace.

Ah, we encounter your misunderstanding of unemployment again, even in your current guise I have mentioned this to you several times. So let me explain the fallacy of your statement (that I have bolded) yet again.

A fully functioning and completely optimised economy has instant supply to labour, a vacancy equals a loss in economy. In Britain we have more vacancies than unemployed though, why? Because the unemployed are not able to meet the criteria of the vacancies, for whatever reason. Immigrants that fill those vacancies thus create a stronger economy, not a weaker one. This is the truth that the Tories don't want you to know about, yet every person with an MBA understands flawlessly.

Edited by tzijlstra

Then the vast majority of Brits are not net contributors either and are therefore a drain on the country. How many times do right wingers tell us that the top tiers of society pay most of the tax?

I sense some double standards in your arguments.

I would vote to leave.

Because why, if the EU is so good, have the British people been lied to so much about it? Would the truth put us off?

Ah, we encounter your misunderstanding of unemployment again, even in your current guise I have mentioned this to you several times. So let me explain the fallacy of your statement (that I have bolded) yet again.

A fully functioning and completely optimised economy has instant supply to labour, a vacancy equals a loss in economy. In Britain we have more vacancies than unemployed though, why? Because the unemployed are not able to meet the criteria of the vacancies, for whatever reason. Immigrants that fill those vacancies thus create a stronger economy, not a weaker one. This is the truth that the Tories don't want you to know about, yet every person with an MBA understands flawlessly.

You are simply demonstrating your own misunderstanding, two people go for a job, one is unemployed and receives benefits the other is an immigrant. If the unemployed person gets the job the government no longer has to pay benefits. If the immigrant get the job the government still as benefits to pay. Meaning the country is better off if the unemployed person is employed and the immigrant went back home.

I would vote to leave.

Because why, if the EU is so good, have the British people been lied to so much about it? Would the truth put us off?

I think you have to cut through all that and understand how vital trade with the EU is to our economy. We can't risk that, or risk losing influence over that.

Basically we just need to be left alone to get on with our trading with the EU, be able to keep a check on the worst excesses that the technocrats try to introduce and that is it. The rest of Europe can crack on with its dubious integrationist experiments. This will be the outcome of the negotiations. Cameron is all for staying in the EU (notice in PMQs when Harman stated that he had the same desire as her to stay in the EU he did not challenge it at all) and he doesn't lose referendums. He's done two already and got exactly what he wanted both times.

Anybody who voted Tory thinking they would take us out the EU may be feeling like they've been sold a pup right now.

Edited by I1L2T3

Then the vast majority of Brits are not net contributors either and are therefore a drain on the country. How many times do right wingers tell us that the top tiers of society pay most of the tax?

I sense some double standards in your arguments.

That's right and there is little point in increasing the number of people that are a net drain, decreasing the amount each one drains from the economy must be better, so we should be aiming for getting the unemployed into employment and not simply leaving them doing nothing whilst immigrant come here to do the low paid work which just increases the net drain.

You are simply demonstrating your own misunderstanding, two people go for a job, one is unemployed and receives benefits the other is an immigrant. If the unemployed person gets the job the government no longer has to pay benefits. If the immigrant get the job the government still as benefits to pay. Meaning the country is better off if the unemployed person is employed and the immigrant went back home.

:hihi: oh dear. It must be nice to live in such a simplified world.

+1

There are almost a million UK citizens in Spain alone.

:huh:

Who said leaving Europe would mean sending people back ? Sounds to me like some people are making stuff up, curbing who and how many come in is not the same as sending people back, and the Brits in Spain are generally not the same type of migrant that we have accepted from Europe in the last 15 years, so they won't be sent home either !

I would vote to leave.

Lied about it by... British politicians needing a scapegoat.

:hihi: oh dear. It must be nice to live in such a simplified world.

I wouldn't know but you appear to be enjoying your simplified world.