EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Regionally in England, only London voted to stay in EU,.The whole of the rest of England wanted out. The politicians are shocked. I think that tells you a lot about how Londoncentric this country is, and how out of touch the politicians are..

Absolutely. And that has to change.

Have I got time to go to the shops for a loaf before ww3 starts?

Before this thread is closed, may I offer a 'virtual' end-of-game handshake to unbeliever for a good match.

You should be ok for bread. Its wine and foreign foods you want to stock up on as the drawbridge goes up at 6pm.

Farage's Independence Day speech - priceless!

Er. Lord Farage if you don't mind :D

Before this thread is closed, may I offer a 'virtual' end-of-game handshake to unbeliever for a good match.

Gratefully accepted. We fought a good battle here all for what we thought was right. The closeness of the result is a testament to the fact that this was not a clear-cut decision and that there were sound and legitimate arguments on both sides.

Thank you to all my allies and opponents for your contributions and helping me (and perhaps others) to confirm in my own mind that I had properly considered all sides of the matter before making a final decision.

Gratefully accepted. We fought a good battle here all for what we thought was right. The closeness of the result is a testament to the fact that this was not a clear-cut decision and that there were sound and legitimate arguments on both sides.

Thank you to all my allies and opponents for your contributions and helping me (and perhaps others) to confirm in my own mind that I had properly considered all sides of the matter before making a final decision.

I extend my hand as well. Now the task of adjusting to a new reality begins. Let's hope it goes well for everybody.

To Loob and Unbeliever you were both very interesting in debate keeping it civil and not run on emotion ( unlike me ), you both conducted yourselves like gentlemen. Well done.

To Loob and Unbeliever you were both very interesting in debate keeping it civil and not run on emotion ( unlike me ), you both conducted yourselves like gentlemen. Well done.

And in that way, they have far more dignity, composure and manners than many of our politicians and people working in the media. I was particularly disgusted by the way Paxman barked at people during the C4 debate. It reminded me of the bully he was with Ed Milliband.

This was definitely a kick up the backside for the establishment, and they seriously don't like it. But I think it will prove cathartic for much of the general population who have been shafted and ignored for way too long. Pity it was this very important issue that was at stake.

However 2 things come to mind. First; don't forget what a parlous state Europe is in. It's far from plain sailing over there. And there's a lot worse to come. We are still part of Europe, but no longer bound by them.

2. Europe is just too big and wants to get bigger. Anybody who has tried to rule by committee knows how slow and difficult that is. 10 years to get a trade deal done? Please... We are now in a very fast moving world and we have to be able to react to it quickly. Now we will be in a better position to do it.

Don't underestimate us. Think of us as the little ships that went out against the might of the great Armada. By having greater manouverability, ducking and diving, we won the day. That is how we will nowhopefully be in the world.

Just theought of number 3. If it's any consolation to the Remainers, Margaret Thatcher was no fan of Europe, and that was before they got all the new powers. She would probably have been a Brexiter.

Great post again.

I extend my hand as well. Now the task of adjusting to a new reality begins. Let's hope it goes well for everybody.

Indeed. I don't think we could have disagreed more profoundly, but I think that just mad the debate more valuable.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 09:55 ----------

Thank you. And don't underestimate your own contribution either.