EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Cos they're very prickly:roll:

So a good-humoured cactus is all smooth and cuddly?

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 21:56 ----------

We should have had one like that for Scotland

Great minds.

Yes. Is that a bad thing?

I'd always thought that the best politicians were people who built a consensus rather someone than divided opinions.

Also. How would you know if a cactus was angry?

I can use the power of my imagination.

over by the counting. Hope you all used black ink

Edited by phil752

I'd always thought that the best politicians were people who built a consensus rather someone than divided opinions.

Nope.

When 2 intelligent people disagree, the truth does not necessarily lie somewhere in between, it is possible for one person to simply be wrong.

Such disagreements should be resolved using facts and debate, not compromise.

I haven't seen Blazing Saddles, but funnily enough I was was getting seriously nagged last Wednesday to watch it.

Don't bother. Unless you find people farting utterly hilarious. Though the 'where the white women at?' Scene was vaguely amusing.

Nope.

When 2 intelligent people disagree, the truth does not necessarily lie somewhere in between, it is possible for one person to simply be wrong.

Such disagreements should be resolved using facts and debate, not compromise.

That's the trouble with politics this country. We see compromise as being a weakness. It's why a lot of people revere Thatcher even though her policies hurt them. It's also what did for Clegg and the Lib-Dems.

That's the trouble with politics this country. We see compromise as being a weakness. It's why a lot of people revere Thatcher even though her policies hurt them. It's also what did for Clegg and the Lib-Dems.

Compromise can be poison.

Take the USA. The democrats want more spending and the republicans want lower taxes, so they compromise. More spending and lower taxes.

Remain has won it then. Oh well, back to business as usual.

Not so quick. I'm waiting until it's definite.

You Gov poll is in.

Remain 52%

Leave 48%

Not so quick. I'm waiting until it's definite.
I phoned a friend in New Zealand where it's 9am tomorrow morning, and they told me that remain won it. So it's definite.

Compromise can be poison.

Take the USA. The democrats want more spending and the republicans want lower taxes, so they compromise. More spending and lower taxes.

Of course compromise can on certain occasions be poison, but as I've said in this country it's seen as a weakness.