EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

It's going to be close whatever way. Latest poll averages....

With Populus, Mori, ComRes, YouGov, Opinium, TNS and Survation, our averages stand at: Remain: 51.0% Leave: 49.0%

The bookies have remain massive favourites. The sun has not backed a losing side in 40 years or so. Be interesting come later when results start coming in. Whichever side wins there will be massive discontentment with the government and the Tory civil war that's going on.

Off to vote later after work. Will be voting in.

There's been an interesting development in the household. Mrs I1L2T3 is voting in a UK poll for the first time ever. She's a citizen of another EU country and since moving here she has refused to vote in any elections. UK politics is just not done the same as on the continent and she's never felt engaged. She thinks it's nonsense and our politicians are idiots.

Pleased to report that today she has been to cast her vote, and has voted to stay. It's the first political issue she's actually felt strongly about since living here.

she probably shouldn't have been able to vote then depending on the country she from (unless she became a British citizen).

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/649517/EU-referendum-2016-Voting-Voters-Allowed-British-Irish-Commonwealth-Citizens-European

Edited by dangerousedd

I have asked dozens of people how they will vote .

Only three have said remain, all the folk I asked are from a working class area except the three remains who are from the better of area .

I think it may be a class or wealth lead vote.

There's a graph that shows this, I'll see if i can find it.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 15:29 ----------

Found it, not on the original source though

https://i.redditmedia.com/AXgeIwxj6uzs3BUtXqprO7BuXNEU5WrVsISOA0qmmCc.jpg?w=600&

Terrorism is a worry of mine. I think we are at risk with open borders. The next attack won't be far away.

From the FT apparently.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/32414e3e-2804-11e6-8b18-91555f2f4fde.html#axzz4CPfuhT6r

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 15:33 ----------

Terrorism is a worry of mine. I think we are at risk with open borders. The next attack won't be far away.

Ah, yes, all the foreign terrorist attacks we've suffered over the years. :huh:

And leaving the EU would somehow stop people entering the country if they wished us harm. :suspect:

Borders will be open if we leave. The swiss and Norway have freedom of movement - it will be a condition of any post-brexit agreement with the EU bloc.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 15:41 ----------

Off to vote later after work. Will be voting in.

There's been an interesting development in the household. Mrs I1L2T3 is voting in a UK poll for the first time ever. She's a citizen of another EU country and since moving here she has refused to vote in any elections. UK politics is just not done the same as on the continent and she's never felt engaged. She thinks it's nonsense and our politicians are idiots.

Pleased to report that today she has been to cast her vote, and has voted to stay. It's the first political issue she's actually felt strongly about since living here.

All my family are voting remain. one or two friends are brexit and the rest remain, and business friends are split.

The UK doesn't have open borders...

Borders will be open if we leave. The swiss and Norway have freedom of movement - it will be a condition of any post-brexit agreement with the EU bloc.

Isn't one aim of brexiters to stop immigration? I'm not sure they would want to sign up to freedom of movement, at least in principle. In practice they have to agree to something if they want some kind of access to the single market though?

I've voted at two polling stations today – once for me and once as a proxy for a holidaying relative. It was good to see the number of young people voting as it'll be them who are going to have to deal with the long-term consequences of today's vote.

Commonweath country ;)

that's ok then. I'm assuming sunny malta then :)

Edited by dangerousedd

Isn't one aim of brexiters to stop immigration? I'm not sure they would want to sign up to freedom of movement, at least in principle. In practice they have to agree to something if they want some kind of access to the single market though?

No. Why would they want to stop immigration?