EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Considering the government are basically begging us to vote remain, if we leave then they know their voice stands for nothing and British people will have proven that enough is enough. It would be a very foolish government that then decided to deceive it's voters.

In the stuffy cocoon called Westminster, where the privileged have hung out, they seem to forget the world has moved on, the public can now find facts out for themselves, we are more savvy than they give us credit for.

I honestly do think it's the start of a new beginning should brexit win.

I'm really excited about what this country of ours can do. We are so so fortunate in many respects. Nothing to do with politics or material wealth...but where we sit globally. I really do think Britian could become the envy of the world, the only thing missing is that we need to believe in ourselves.

C'mon Britain let's show the world we can stand on our own two feet and nobody will succeed in trying to intimidate us!

Yay! Let's show those baboons they are wrong by destroying our future! Hoorah!!! (Queue Labour/Tory/Labour/Tory cycle as previous but now with workers in even more desparate circumstances).

I just cannot believe what I'm hearing now on LBC Farage & Heseltine, Heseltine on answering a caller about housing, says people who aren't housed are isolated cases, his arrogance beggars belief, what planet is that man on...............

What I can't believe is that I replied to one of your posts in particular and you are completely ignoring it. I will assume that is by accident rather than design.

What I can't believe is that I replied to one of your posts in particular and you are completely ignoring it. I will assume that is by accident rather than design.

Sorry TJ, I will check back when I've listened to this debate.

When you get such as Branson taking up full spreads in newspapers as well as on social websites ,then Cameron who's family have stashed away millions in over seas funds and is married to one of the richest women in England telling the masses that they are better of in, it is as plain as the nose on your face that what they mean is that they will be better of in .

Vote out.

We have a free press, minimal government secrecy and various other means of holding the state to account. I expect you and I will strongly disagree in many cases as to how it will be spent. As will our fellow countrymen. Let the majority will be done.

Mmm... not sure I agree with much of that.

The only way we have of holding the government to account at the moment is ticking a box once every 5 years, based on promises that are frequently not kept, and having a government in power with less than a third of that vote.

As for free press, minimal secrecy etc. let's not forget the lengts that were gone to to try and hush up the MPs Expenses scandal, which had to be exposed by an American journalist, and wouldn't be exposed at all these days post Leveson and with other loopholes now successfully plugged.

What level of sovereignty do you feel is lost to the EU, in simple percentage terms?

What? You seriously expecting me to come up with a formula to calculate this? What for?

It is a simply principle that you either agree with or don't... should our government be 100% accountable to the British public on all matter of law and policy not related to trade or should we cede democratic control and sovereignty to the EU?

I'd suggest that whatever we lose in control over the UK, we gain more in having a say about how all of Europe is run.

It's a false premise though that a country must surrender power and control re non-trade related matters in order to be part of a functioning trade bloc. Federalists have made an artificial link to snatch power in pursuit of their dream and when people complain they have refused to back down and as such made this a take it all or leave it all decision. We need to leave it all because there is no prospect of reform until it's very existence is threatened by members starting to walk away. Someone needs to lead the march for the exit and as usual it has fallen on us.

If there is to be any future for the EU then we need to vote LEAVE and force reform.

Don't forget, the referendum itself is not legally binding. So even if Leave win, expect another referendum ;)

Don't forget, the referendum itself is not legally binding. So even if Leave win, expect another referendum ;)

Unless ofcourse Remain win, pretty sure they'll make that legally binding!

What? You seriously expecting me to come up with a formula to calculate this? What for?

It is a simply principle that you either agree with or don't... should our government be 100% accountable to the British public on all matter of law and policy not related to trade or should we cede democratic control and sovereignty to the EU?

What for? I'm trying to gauge how much you feel the sovereignty of this country has been taken over by being a member of the EU.

I think a few small Businesses are backing leave. I think Wetherspoons are backing leave. Probably because we will drown our sorrows in the pub when we lose our jobs. :hihi:

Or make it easier to employ cheaper labourl

Interesting debate earlier on LBC Farage V Heseltine... Worth a look..

It never hurts to point out the fallacy in the method applied to a model by a prophet of hosanna, particularly in the case of 'poorest in society' and 'workers' which is something that a lot of people on here worry about. You therefore omitted what the real short term impact is on employment according to that same report: Unemployment will go up to 7-8% in the short term (that is a 2-3% increase, despite decline in immigration - more unemployed means lower wages for those at the bottom rung with no skills). It also means in the best case Brexit scenario:

- it is still subject to EU law (sovereign criers, boohoo)

- it is still a country with free movement of people (immigration criers, boohoo)

- it is 30 billion pounds a year in GDP worse off (That is the net gain from 'not paying the EU no more!' mostly taken care of - that sort of drop in GDP means a reduction in central government income of around 9 billion a year - no money for the NHS people, sorry!)

And in the worst case scenario it means that the promised 'spend 350m£ a month on the NHS' is actually going to be: 'keep cutting our spending because our debt is still looming large' - because the biggest fallacy in your argument is of course that the predication that the national deficit that should be turned around in 2019 (based on current estimates and assuming George Osbourne remains in charge) is going to be turned on its head and is actually going to increase.

So even less funding for the NHS, Pensions, Police, Fire Services, Local Councils, Schools, Universities, Defence etc. etc. etc.

So breaking it down to nice little numbers to lessen the impact of the truth, in the hope that people don't read the entire report whilst understanding the consequences of a 'mere 0,1%' is pretty... how to put this politely, disingenuous.

It's a possible, very brief, technical recession. At the worst. More likely we'd have slower growth for a couple of years and get back to normal.

It's hardly terrifying.

It is the attempts to confuse people into thinking the economy will crash or shrink by 4% which are disingenuous.

What for? I'm trying to gauge how much you feel the sovereignty of this country has been taken over by being a member of the EU.

EU member states within the EU are becoming like local councils within, say, Britain; having to operate within the constraints of National government law/policy.