EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

If it is 51:49 in favour of Remain do you think Farage will walk away, or the issue itself will go away? Not a chance. Nobody on the Brexit side is going to accept that as the 'will of the people'

Farage talks about more immigration from outside the EU.

The vote leave MPs will have a hard job keeping growth going if immigration goes down to less than 100,000

Who shall we stop letting in, the cheap farm workers, construction workers, nurse/doctors?

I neither know nor care what Farage will do if there is a remain vote.

I shall move to pressing for desperately needed reform in the hope that the sinking ship that is the current EU can be kept afloat with us tethered to it.

My side lost the AV referendum. When it comes up all I say is that we lost and the matter is settled.

If one side wins by 1 vote, then as far as I'm concerned, it's settled. I cannot speak for others.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 11:19 ----------

Well that's good news on the face of it.

Surely the Lisbon treaty came into force on 1st december 2009. What kicked in in 2014?

That was the first time the Commission president was elected from within the Parliament (who, in turn, selects the commission).

Isn't the commission euivalent to our civil service?

No. It has no British equivalent.

Isn't the commission euivalent to our civil service?

No, tzijlstra's right on that point. They're closer to the cabinet except for the process by which they're appointed, removed and held to account.

The EU commission does have a civil service (they are sometimes lumped in when people talk about the "commission" but that's rather misleading). There are 33,000 of them.

No, tzijlstra's right on that point. They're closer to the cabinet except for the process by which they're appointed, removed and held to account.

The EU commission does have a civil service (they are sometimes lumped in when people talk about the "commission" but that's rather misleading). There are 33,000 of them.

Thanks for that. But they still don't make the final decision?

why is it vile ?

New member, few posts, all about how fickle people are, none about what a shame a woman has been killed by a lunatic.

Maybe their username should be Fromthegrassyknoll.

New member, few posts, all about how fickle people are, none about what a shame a woman has been killed by a lunatic.

Maybe their username should be Fromthegrassyknoll.

It is a great shame about Jo Cox, and for some on the remain team to try to use it to their advantage is a bit shameful.

The message ought to be that her death should inspire people to take part in the referendum, not link it to one side.

Thanks for that. But they still don't make the final decision?

They initiate all legislation and hold executive power.

Jo cox and her her husband were both profiteering from charity hundreds of thousands of pounds per year to be precise!! Her husband was struck off a charity in 2015 save the children FACT!! Moderator please do not delete this we live in a democracy!!!

It is a great shame about Jo Cox, and for some on the remain team to try to use it to their advantage is a bit shameful.

The message ought to be that her death should inspire people to take part in the referendum, not link it to one side.

That is shameful. Who on the remain team has tried to use it to their advantage and what did they say?

I will make a complaint.

More shameful, more vile than this Alan, Fromthehills?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3648446/Don-t-let-man-s-sacrifice-vain-Swastika-covered-vote-Leave-activist-shocking-support-Jo-Cox-s-alleged-killer-calls-MP-s-death-unfortunate-says-shouldn-t-stop-Britons-voting-out.html

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 13:50 ----------

Jo cox and her her husband were both profiteering from charity hundreds of thousands of pounds per year to be precise!! Her husband was struck off a charity in 2015 save the children FACT!! Moderator please do not delete this we live in a democracy!!!

What does that have to do with anything, even if it's true??