EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

If the EU Referendum was held tomorrow how will you vote and why?

I have strong opinions on this, I think we should stay at all costs. I also think it's not possible to put the globalisation genie back in the bottle. Lets say for example we leave, and all EU nationals all of a sudden need a visa.

I can only imagine panic in big business. The £ in the forex market and FTSE will probably crash. Not only that but the millions of UK nationals coming home from the costa del sol showing off their sun tans will get a bit much :rolleyes:

If we leave, I give it a week before we are begging Polish builders to come home to England where they belong. :cool:

What do you mean by yes and no?

OK thank you but where is don't know or couldn't care less.

What do you mean by yes and no?

OK thank you but where is don't know or couldn't care less.

The question is above the poll

YES

NO

It was asked in the same way as the real referendum will be in 2017, as with the real referendum, you will get the choice not to vote at all.

Odd, then, that the Scotland Referendum question was phrased: "Do you want Scotland to be an independent country?"

So perhaps the UK's should ask "Do you want the UK to be an independent country?

If the EU Referendum was held tomorrow how will you vote and why?

I would vote to leave, because the pressure caused by a higher population is not being met.

The Government promise to build houses, but nothing happens, we are/were meant to have a broken society, but the youngsters that should be getting jobs are being pushed out by foreigners.

When employers want more staff and they find recruiting difficult; do they increase the remuneration or train their own staff?

No, they advertise abroad and get cheap labour.

Odd, then, that the Scotland Referendum question was phrased: "Do you want Scotland to be an independent country?"

So perhaps the UK's should ask "Do you want the UK to be an independent country?

It could be worse, it could have been like the Crimean referendum question.

Not that it would have mattered what the question said. :rolleyes:

I would vote to leave, because the pressure caused by a higher population is not being met

There are about as many Britons living in other EU countries as EU migrants in the UK. So, if you want EU migrants to leave, you'll end up with just as many people being sent back to the UK.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

I would vote to leave, because the pressure caused by a higher population is not being met

There are about as many Britons living in other EU countries as EU migrants in the UK. So, if you want EU migrants to leave, you'll end up with just as many people being sent back to the UK.

+1

There are almost a million UK citizens in Spain alone.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quote tags

The question is above the poll

YES

NO

It was asked in the same way as the real referendum will be in 2017, as with the real referendum, you will get the choice not to vote at all.

That's as maybe but it hardly takes account of folk who want to see what is on the table before they make up their mind:loopy::loopy:.

There are almost a million UK citizens in Spain alone.

It a small amount compared to the total coming into the UK. The problem started in the 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom#/media/File:UK_Migration_1970-2013.svg

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Quote tags

It a small amount compared to the total coming into the UK. The problem started in the 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom#/media/File:UK_Migration_1970-2013.svg

From your link

foreign born population of the UK.

4,767,000 born outside the EU

2,245,000 born in the EU

Immigration from outside the EU is easy to stop. Our governments could stop it tomorrow. They just don't want to.

I would vote to leave, because the pressure caused by a higher population is not being met.

The Government promise to build houses, but nothing happens, we are/were meant to have a broken society, but the youngsters that should be getting jobs are being pushed out by foreigners.

When employers want more staff and they find recruiting difficult; do they increase the remuneration or train their own staff?

No, they advertise abroad and get cheap labour.

For now I can't think of a better answer than this. :)

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 07:43 ----------

No there aren't, but if there are, that's a matter for them.