GiffGaff unlimited internet - advice needed

la_emme

Hi All, :help:

I would like to know if a GiffGaff sim-card could be used to access unlimited internet if it is put into a tablet that has a sim slot or a laptop/netbook?

Please may you advise.

Thank you

Should be alrite on a tablet, not sure on a laptop/netbook.

They usually have restrictions on tethering, so it's worth checking that too.

if the giffgaff sim is in a tablet that's not tethering or do they still count it as that?

if the giffgaff sim is in a tablet that's not tethering or do they still count it as that?

Tablets are classed the same as Mobile Phones, so you will be fine with it in a tablet I would think....

The last time I looked on their forums it was...

No tethering on ANY unlimited plan (Was allowed on set data plans)

Phone SIM won't work in a tablet device.

I find their internet poor at the best of times. Ok to browse web pages but useless for video on the 3 and 4G networks.

No, you can't

https://www.giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/terms#YouruseoftheService

3.5 says no dongles, tablets or PC use.

They detect the user agent of your device - if it looks like a tablet or PC they'll block it.

Someone at work had terrible trouble with them blocki his android phone all the time because it incorrectly identified his browser as a desktop.

No, you can't

They detect the user agent of your device - if it looks like a tablet or PC they'll block it.

Someone at work had terrible trouble with them blocki his android phone all the time because it incorrectly identified his browser as a desktop.

In the past i've used my phone as a hotspot in between ISP changes with a Giffgaff unlimited SIM. They nabbed me a couple of times and gave me a 30 minute data ban. You can get a plugin for Chrome and maybe others, that makes your tablet/PC browser appear to be Android or other devices. A bit hit and miss but worked for the most part. Maybe this is what the person you work with has installed and set it up wrong.

Have a good read on their forums as it might be a bit more than a 30 minute ban now ;)

No, you can't

I don't see how they can do that now, as for example, the Galaxy Note is a phone, but runs a modified Galaxy Tab android....