Strange object in the sky shiregreen

Not seen much of the sun in Sheffield lately, then ?

Anyone order anything from Amazon? (Lol) Maybe a drone? e.g.

Drones are being sent above the route for the new superrail thats coming through Sheffield to take pics of the landscape, they have just started using them in our area, however as this was at night it sort of cancels that out.

I once saw a line of 8 triangular crafts with 3 red lights underneath in 1997 I was lead to believe they may have been Stelths but it was never published though i saw it very clearly, there was no engine noise with them.

http://imgur.com/aa4ArnG this is one I noticed http://imgur.com/ilV6Rlp

---------- Post added 10-06-2015 at 19:02 ----------

This is one I found.. For you guys to laugh at me for I guess http://imgur.com/1R9aCh4

---------- Post added 10-06-2015 at 20:44 ----------

Why does ISS cut the live feed whenever some ufo (unknown object) appears.

This has been covered by BBC news by the way

Woke up to my daughter high temp, opened all windows had lights off and curtains open. Whilst cooling my daughter down i saw 2 bright beam lights in the sky. Stood still for a while. I thort it was stars bit it then started to move closer. Could see a flashing light and the shape of it (triangular) it slowly went above the house and on its side with 3 faint flashing lights as it came over to the front of the house. I did get a picture and the picture is actually more clear than i saw with my own eye.

The B-2 Spirit bomber has been doing exercises at RAF Fairford this week. A video of it landing can be seen at the link below...

By looking at the positioning of the landing lights and i think its pretty conclusive that its the B-2 that you saw....

Is ISS visible now?

(I think there has been a thread about this but can't find it)

Oh goody, thanks very much.

Failed again. I really don't have much luck seeing anything but moon and stars in the night sky.

I was probably looking in the wrong place. I face west where the sun goes down plus quite a wide expanse east of the sunset.

There was one very bright star and that's it.

Edited by Minimo

Might be a B2 but certainly not a Vulcan, as those and the Victor were retired years ago; they last flew missions in the Falklands war and have been replaced by fighter-bombers like Tornadoes and also cruise missiles.

From the description that the OP provided, it sounds almost like the police helicopter which has spotlights/searchlights.

Another military aircraft that might be going in and out of Fairford on its way to a base in Germany and onward to the Middle East might be the B52; although they are very old, this type of aircraft is capable of carrying conventional or nuclear cruise-missiles.

The Victor flew missions in the first Gulf War and was retired in 1993.

Heading off to the east now.

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 22:24 ----------

Anyone see it??

Oooh I saw it a few minutes ago, thought I saw it another night too but I thought my eyes were deceiving me :)