What to try next?

I use an armoury of products and paraphenalia with my annoying bengal boy Alfie who had the snip at 6 months (he's 11 now but still sulks occasionally in our mutli cat household and likes to wander in, yowl pointedly then point his spray gun at the wall, the cushions or anything he takes a dislike to).

Feliway had no effect whatsoever nor did the alternative plug ins we tried.

I buy the 5l concentrate of Safe4pets both the disinfectants and the Odour Eliminator, sometimes they work but if that's no good, I fall back on either Surgical Spirit or Simple Solution. The SS has a nice clean cotton scent so isn't too caustic when you have to squirt a lot on the washed floor/curtains, cushions, furniture... If it's washable , it swiftly goes in the washer.

I managed to find somewhere i could buy the larger bottles of Simple Solution AGES ago but can't remember where that was now that I'm practically at the end of the bottle. I also use a POLTI steam cleaner to steam anything its not practical to bung in the washing machine.

Oh and I keep a squirty bottle to hand to warn off Alfie when I have the feeling he is about to spray (I know the tell tale signs by now). Quick squirt and a 'no!' soon puts him off. He's a little git but I still love him.

Thanks for that Katkin, this has reminded me to buy a new water bottle. The metal one was chewed/pierced to oblivion in protest!

I managed to find somewhere i could buy the larger bottles of Simple Solution AGES ago but can't remember where that was now that I'm practically at the end of the bottle.

I'm pretty sure I got my last large bottle from Pets at Home at Heeley Retail Park

I watch My Cat From Hell, and there was an episode on this not long ago. It turned out that the cat was feeling threatened by another outside, so they put some deterrants outside and it discouraged the cat that was threatening the sprayer off.

This is probably a good guess, when cats feel insecure they do spray to mark their territory.

Yes I saw that too. Cats are quite complex pets x